“Lovely dinner.”

Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in East Windsor
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 5
Description: Nutmeg is dining at its best, in a perfect setting. We feature continental foods such as Rack of Lamb, Veal Oscar, Steaks, Chops, Seafood and many other wonderful dishes. Please come in and visit us.
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Food was very good. You won't leave hungry. The crab cakes were fantastic, well seasoned. My husband had the prime rib and it was huge. I enjoyed my salmon. Finished with creme Brule and it was also delicious.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

About 70 of us attended a 55th HS reunion at the restaurant ..Kinda hidden behind tall scrubs , but a good location off the street ,, Clean, simple appetizers , followed by a pre-selected choice of entrees, from a menu ,, I had the chicken, saw the beef and it was a large serving ..Service good, heard good comments by others on food quality ( generally folks 70+ don't complain too much) ,, Bar within big room, place for music,, Wine selection, bigger than I thought.. Didn't hear any complaints on drinks either. Read reviews, and Easter seemed to be tough on them, But no cold food, and this was not a buffet, but individual plates served ..Would go back, but live in FL..

Reviewed August 19, 2016

This is a local venue that we'd never been to. Two couples on a Thursday evening. The service and food were excellent. The sirloin tips were flavorful and tender, although they really weren't tips, but rather, medium sized pieces of beef. The chicken francoise was excellent, although the portion size was a bit too large. The Linguine con Scampi was also excellent. Prices were moderate, but not expensive.
The restaurant was not busy, and the staff was attentive, but not hovering. We lost track of time, and suddenly realized that we were the only party remaining in the dining room. We asked if there was a lounge area to which we could retire, but were told there wasn't. But we were told to just return to our table, and stay as long as we liked. We finally left at 10PM. At no time were we ever made to feel that we were overstaying our welcome.
All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Anyone living near East Windsor Ct. is nuts not to take advantage of the twin lobster Wednesday night special! This deal includes fresh,steaming hot rolls with herb infused olive oil,twin lobsters ( bake stuffed or boiled) drawn butter, steamed fresh veg, and a healthy dollop of homemade mashed potatoes. This amazing deal comes in at $19.99 per person. You would be hard pressed to recreate this fine meal at home for less than that. Not to mention the wait staff is friendly and most obliging! I dined there this evening with my father and both generations left full and satisfied. The only reason I did not give this restaurant a four or better review was because of the dated surroundings. However, everything was clean and the linens professionally laundered. A tremendous bargain and quite a midweek treat!

1  Thank 081956
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Went here for the first time on the recommendation of my locally based friends .
Whilst the restaurant was quiet last night it was actually what we prefer.
The decor was quaint ..and old ENglish style in appearance ...and I could instantly see the appeal for large scale events and weddings etc.
The waiting staff were very friendly , helpful, knowledgeable and the service was amazing !
All that aside, the food was terrific. I had a fabulous fillet steak , and my friends had stuffed salmon ( reported as excellent ) and cowboy steak (none left at all !)
They specially adapted and mad us roast potatoes and mushroom side , the latter of which was " to die for"
One friend said the starter of clam chowder , even as a new englander, was exceptional! We wanted the chef to be congratulated !
What with the boxes we took home , the value and experience together made a memorable evening. Thank you again

Been to Nutmeg Restaurant? Share your experiences!