“Maybe the real chef had the day off?”

Maine Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
South Windsor, Connecticut, USA
“Maybe the real chef had the day off?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family went here to celebrate my mother's birthday..I'd been here before, and it was somewhat unremarkable. This visit, however, WAS remarkable. Remarkably bad. Most of us just rated the food "OK"..but honestly..it was not "OK".

Let's start with the soup. If you love Rhode Island Clam Chowder as much as I do, you wil be very disappointed. Vapid, flavorless mush of potatoes and celery, with broth and clams that contribute nothing. No briny flavor. No palatable sensation at all.

My entree was a special of the day, a seafood broil casserole. Hidden within dry, tasteless breadcrumbs were crab, shrimp and scallops. I felt as if I were sifting for my food through beach sand. What looked like real crab was bereft of its distinctively sweet character.

On the bright side, the cole slaw and french fries were very good. I just didn't want to pay that much for side dishes. When one can obtain a much tastier rendition at the '99' (and it is excelllent) then there's a problem!

• Visited March 2013

Connecticut
“We've Been "Hooked" for Years”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We should have reviewed on tripadvisor long ago since we've been eating here several times a week for years. Favorites include lobster roll (no mayo), raw or fried oysters, fried shrimp plain or done buffalo style, salmon (only place in New England we'll eat it), chicken wings and fried chicken (yes! it's the best around), king crab, and whole lobster...of course.

Visited March 2013
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Always a great place to eat.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have never been disappointed with anything that I have had to eat here. Every time I fly in to Bradley International Airport I make sure that I stop here for at least one meal. This time I had the broiled seafood platter. This is a generous portion of haddock, shrimp and scallops all cooked to perfection. I can't wait to return again.

Hartford, Connecticut
“omg-delicious”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

OK, Im impressed. The BEST stuffed shrimp Ive ever had. One of the best clam chowders that Ive ever had. This is out of the way for me, but I will be going there regularly! Not fancy, very comfortable, relaxed, but jeez the food is awesome!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Hartford
“Great main dishes; sides could use improvement”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our party of 3 enjoyed broiled swordfish, broiled haddock, and Alaska king crab legs: all excellent. That's the good news. Salads to start were uninspired: cut iceberg with a few extras. Potatoes, both fries and baked were adequate. Coleslaw was too sweet and runny, pasta salad bland. Not a green vegetable available. When we came in, the vegetable of the day was carrots, which were gone by the time we ordered, and brussel sprouts were the replacement. Still, the fish was great, the service friendly and attentive. Portions good, with smaller plates available (which are still large). Decor is dated. If you want great fish, the restaurant gets a very good. The rest is really just a little above average.

• Visited February 2013