“Not just another chain restaurant”
Review of Stir the Pot

Stir the Pot
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: Diner
Enfield, Connecticut
“Not just another chain restaurant”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a small restaurant in a small town. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is not large, but everything is delicious and unexpected. Even the names of the dishes make you smile. It sounds like they were named after a family member or friend. The chef is well-trained and not afraid to try new dishes. The staff is friendly and helpful. We have been there several times, mainly for breakfast. Plenty of food, very tasty, and always something new on the menu.

West Hartford, Connecticut
“You gotta go if you love breakfast”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After seeing this on a newscast, it looked so good we felt we needed to go. We were glad we did. A quaint little place with ample seating, it impressed me right away with it's appearance and cleanliness. We sat down and it wasn't long before our coffee was poured. A bit weak for my taste, but I like it extra strong. I ordered the feta and spinach omelette and my wife ordered the caramel apple pancakes. Our food came in a reasonable amount of time, but my dish was absent the toast. Our server quickly explained that the toast would come very soon, which it did. Coffee was replenished and we dug in. The omelette was large and filled with freshly wilted spinach (not previously frozen) and tasty feta. The home fries were delicious. Taking a taste of the pancakes, they were light, fluffy, and tender. The apple topping was terrific, and was also cooked into the batter, not just laid on top of the stack.

When we were done, our server asked if we would like more coffee, which we declined. She gave us the check along with an apology for the delay on the toast. I'm used to not even getting "thank you's" from servers, never mind an apology!

Reasonably priced, good portions, great food, great service. What else would you need???

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Breakfast Done Right!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I saw a reveiw of this on NBC and decided to check it out for breakfast. The food was great and the portions large. I had a burrito special - a grinder roll stuffed with scrambled eggs, mushrooms,onions peppers, beef strips. It came with a home fries which were also excellent. Glancing around I saw lots of happy faces so I'm guessing other meals were the same.
Service was very slow since the NBC review brought in lots of new business.

Enfield, Connecticut
“Something different, and something very good”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The owner of this little gem is a chef, not a cook. There is a difference. Traditional breakfast items with a twist. Ingredients are fresh, some are from local farms. For instance, the spinach used in an omelet is fresh baby spinach, not frozen. Quality matters and they have it.

The staff are attentive and the decor is warm and welcoming. Good coffee too.

If you are from out of town and looking for a good breakfast/lunch, listen to a local and check it out.

• Visited August 2012