“Our favorite Chinese/Japanese Restaurant”

Mei Tzu Sushi Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have to agree with everything that the previous reviewer stated. This is the best chinese food around! The cooked sushi I have had is great. Ken, the manager, is very personable and always very accomodating. We have also recommended this restaurant to all our friends and family. We are residents in town and are very pleased that we have such a great restaurant, with very consistent and reliable chinese and japanese right in our neighborhood.

1  Thank AlwaysReady4Vaca

Reviewed March 13, 2009

I am not sure how to add restaurants to the list of East Windsor restaurants, but there is a restaurant called Mei Tzu that is one of our favorite restaurants for Chinese and Japanese food.

Mei-Tzu Asian Cuisine
4 Prospect Hill Road
Suite 6
East Windsor, CT 06088
[--]

During busy times, we find ourselves eating there on a weekly basis. I find their fried rice and Chinese food to be excellent - I am picky when it comes to fried rice. Be sure to ask for your basic spicy foods to be hot; sometimes I find their General Tso's to be mild, but they are really good about extra peppers!

We love the sushi bar. The chef is outstanding - he's gotten me to try much more raw fish than I thought I'd ever be okay with. It's just that good. I've even gotten my dad to try the sushi - for the very first time. He didn't hate it :)

They do offer Thai cuisine, but I cannot vouch for it, because I am not a big fan of Thai food in general.

The service is usually good, although sometimes the waiters get overwhelmed during busy times. It was a running joke for a while that they would forget my white rice every time I would order it. The last time our waiter forgot it, he told me that evening that he would never forget it again - and he hasn't. The manager seems like a nice guy; very friendly and always there.

I believe that you can bring your own wine to drink there, but we have never done so. I would recommend calling them for details. I like water and tea with Asian food, and both are fine.

I have personally recommended this place to more people than probably any other restaurant I have been to. We have brought just about every relative that has visited us to Mei Tzu, and it was always my recommendation to clients. It has never disappointed. I only feel bad that it doesn't have any New England flare (most people come from far away), but hey, it's an Asian restaurant.

1  Thank jennut1