“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Pizza Cucina - CLOSED

Pizza Cucina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was brought here by friends and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the meal was. Delicious home made pastas, pizza's and a decent bottled beer selection. I would definitely eat here again. A little gem in Rural Connecticut.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Tonight was my 4th or 5th time dining at Pizza Cucina. I've had the eggplant parm, buffalo chicken pizza and a pasta dish with chicken, artichokes and cream sauce. I think it's called Chicken Brian but I'm not sure. Tonight I had the chicken fra diavlo . My friend loves the 1st chicken and pasta dish I mentioned but doesn't care for artichokes. She always asks for spinach instead- no problem. She's done this numerous times. I asked for very light tomato sauce - perfect! It is a very small restaurant so go early as they can get busy quickly.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Such a rare gem on the CT coastline! NY style thin crust pizza with fresh delicious toppings. Only problem: not open for lunch! I want more!! Plus the staff are friendly and super accommodating. Overall great place!

Reviewed June 8, 2010

Pizza Cucina is one of our favorite places to eat. The pasta dishes are out of this world!! Especially the chicken parm. and the gnocchi's. I love gnocchi' s and they have the best, not store bought, gnocchi's. The only problem we have is the parking and the size of the resturant. Some nights when they are very busy we won't stop because we know that it will be very crowded and/or noisy. The waitresses are all great!! We like to go on Sunday's. We have found Sunday's to be not to busy and we love the server also!! Oh and they have great specials also!! All in all, best hidden treasure of East Lyme!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Don't spill your soda on the pizza at Cucina's Pizza or you won't get it repalced. My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant for the first time this eve. She accidently spilled her soda on the pizza, having put her soda down on the uneven crack between 2 small adjoining tables. The owner came out and said there was nothing he could do because he was not at fault. This was true. But what would the majority of owners do in this case. Mabye repalce the pizza? Possibly offer a simple chees pizza. Might this have provided a little goodwill? Was it worth losing 2 potential customers? Are we being too sensative? Perhaps. We had 3 slices before the spill and the pizza was indeed good. Too bad, we will never go back.