All reviews new haven dollar store inside corridor waffles front desk apples and bananas dollar tree great value for the price within walking distance nice shower hobby lobby room was comfortable and clean water pressure an overnight stay business traveler waffle maker no elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2017

This was my 2nd night on the road and after the D.C. & NY city traffic I was totally wiped out and the hotel looked like a palace to me. The room was clean and very comfortable. The only problem is when you book it it shows as New Haven & I had that in my gps and drove around New Haven for 30 min. in rush hr traffic, b4 I called to find out I was in wrong place.

Room tip: Be sure to remember that it is in East Haven not New Haven!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Nishal_QI, Manager at Quality Inn East Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear moonsie43,

I appreciate you took the time to write us a review. I am glad to find that you had a comfortable stay after a long drive! We are right outside of downtown New Haven area, just under 4 minutes drive, right off the I-95 exit 51.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Nothing special. Rather noisy.

Clean. Nice staff.

Breakfast was atypical ho-hum items.

Not overly green in recycling.

For the money, could be better.

Not bad, just not great.

Would probably try somewhere else next time.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Nishal_QI, Manager at Quality Inn East Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. I just want to let you know that we have rooms facing on back side which are away from highway and are very quiet. If you call me next time to book your room, I will make sure to assign you to the room in our executive wing of the hotel and I assure you will not be disappointed.

I hope you consider staying with us again and give us one more chance to provide you an exceptional service.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located just a short Uber ride from Yale and downtown right off of the highway. It’s also very close to Tweed Airport. There are a few stores and restaurants within walking distance which is also nice. Lucille, the desk agent working when I arrived, was great! She was friendly and efficient. However, there were some issues with the room and hotel itself. First, the AC had many issues. Lucille came to check it out and then it worked for a bit but then stopped overnight so the room got hot. Then, the hotel was unbearably loud a lot of the night. You could hear doors slamming, people walking loudly up and down the hallway, and loud talking outside (and I was on the 2nd floor!). I called the desk at midnight to report it and apparently someone was going to investigate but it kept happening. Needless to say, my 4am alarm to get my 6am flight was very unwelcome since I was unable to get a good nights rest here.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Nishal_QI, Manager at Quality Inn East Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please know that we take your concerns very seriously and have been passed on to our maintenance department. We do hope you give us another chance so we can do it right next time.

We also want to thank you for your kind words about our staff. We will let Lucille know that you were pleased with her service.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Th staff are polite and Helpful but the hotel quality, its facilities and its included breakfast Buffet are poor. The room had no window except the door window and If I you want to enjoy day light you will lose your privacy. The room Iron and the hotel Ice Machine were broken.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Nishal_QI, Manager at Quality Inn East Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Dear Soheil,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us and we will do everything possible within Choice Hotels brand requirements to meet your expectations such as adding more items to our breakfast buffet menu and perhaps adding daylight curtains to the window so you can enjoy the day light without sacrificing a privacy. I also want to let you know that the ice machine was unexpectedly broken which was fixed next morning.

I am glad you were pleased with our service and hope you will return to our hotel so we have another chance to provide you a superior service.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

My husband and I were in New Haven for a few days for a tennis tournament at Yale University. We chose this hotel because of price and location and were extremely happy with that decision ... it was an easy drive to Yale and had restaurants and stores within walking distance. When we arrived we were greeted by the evening front desk manager Brandon and he was amazing ! He always had a smile on his face and he was extremely helpful with providing us information about the area. Each night we arrived late after the tennis matches and he always greeted us with a big hello and he would ask us how our day went. We would talk to him for a few minutes before heading back to our room. This location should be happy that they have him ! Thanks Brandon !

To mention a few more things about the hotel itself, the rooms are spacious and clean. The bathroom is a good size and the shower has a good shower head and water pressure which is very important (it might seem weird to mention that, but I am tired of awful water pressure at hotels !). We would definitely stay here again if we return to the tournament next year !

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Nishal_QI, Manager at Quality Inn East Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Katty,

Thank you so much for your review! Your positive feedback is deeply appreciated. I am very pleased to know that your stay was pleasant. Brandon is a fantastic employee of our team and I am glad to know he was able to help you out during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon!