“Excellent fish p!”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2018

A bit pricey for take out but always good. Inside can be quite noisy. Good ice cream too...best to get food to go and sit across street for water view.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

The place was okay the prices were higher then I expected the food was good and the service was okay and the bathrooms were clean and the place it self was clean.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Great place for seafood in an even better location . Looking for good but not fancy . This is your place , if you are looking for a sit down dinner or walk up counter service .
Inside is a nicely decorated nautical feel. With indoor tables or covered patio open to outside .
All our items from fresh clams , oysters , mussels in white wine and garlic , grilled salmon on salad , and a seasonal soft shell crab. All done just right .
Dine in or get items from the walk up stand . Picnic tables available to eat and take in the beach view .
Public beach right across the street , how can you go wrong . In the area give it a try or worth the drive . Service is warm and friendly as you would expect from a family restaurant .

Reviewed May 23, 2018

I rarely take the time to write reviews for Trip Advisor. But I am compelled to share my experience with the Sandpiper.
My husband and I flew from North Carolina to New Haven for a graduation. We arrived at lunchtime and decided to eat at the Sandpiper Restaurant. What a fabulous place!! It is right on the water with its own sandy beach. It has outdoor seating as well as scenic views from the large windows for indoor dining. Clean, bright, and oh so friendly service!
And the food!! If you want seafood, this is the place to go! We both ordered whole clams and were blown away by the size of the portions. The clams were perfectly fried with a light batter and couldn’t have been fresher.
After attending the graduation, we returned to the New Haven airport only to learn that our flight had been delayed. Since we had already turned in the rental car, we hopped in a taxi and went back to the Sandpiper. This time my husband had a steaming bowl of creamy clam chowder and once again, I had the clams. If possible, they were even better than the first time!! We were warmly greeted by the owner and our former waitress from 4 days earlier.
We had about an hour or so to eat and then we needed to take a cab back to the airport to catch our flight. Our waitress graciously offered to call the cab for us when she gave us the check. We went to the front of the restaurant to wait for the cab, but it didn’t come. The waitress called again and was told it was on its way. But it never came. I started to panic thinking we were going to miss our plane. The owner saw my distress and asked me what was wrong. When I told him our plight, he told me not to worry and he drove us to the airport!!!
So if you want fantastic seafood, lovely beach views and unheard of service, don’t miss the Sandpiper!! It will always be the highlight of our trip to Connecticut.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

My date and I went to the Sandpiper for the special of the week only good from 4 to 8 on Mon thru Thursday It was for two shrimp dinners with fries or baked potatoes and a salad. For 29.95. To It was well worth it and was enjoyed by both of us. I reccomendvthisbplacevto everyone !!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank poppy843

Been to Sandpiper Restaurant? Share your experiences!