“Delicious Seafood Awesome location”

Sandpiper Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in East Haven
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
New Haven, Connecticut
“Delicious Seafood Awesome location”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

In the small town of East Haven CT is one of the best seafood restaurants! Located across the street from the beach, with outside dining! Food and location are the BEST! Fried seafood is FRESH! Take out section also

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JuddyS123

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Good local seafood place”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I usually eat at the take-out section, not the sit down restaurant. It's a great place to grab a fish sandwich and onion rings or a plate of fried clams, sit at one of the outside tables, and enjoy the sunshine and the beach across the street. The fish is always fresh and it's a great place to have a relaxing and casual meal.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank wendyoes
Southington, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXPENSIVE!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

For 4 people (2 adults, 2kids)=$100 (including 2 drinks).

My side salad was good. The calamari app. was very good. But $18 for a clam strip platter (which was good) that portion wise I could get at a local diner for $8. Did not like the cole slaw. My poor kids. $7 for my daughter's kid's chicken which was enough for a 4yo with only 4 small pieces which were extremely dry (like maybe left over from lunch & reheated). Portions for the kids were small that I had to give them my fries in order to make their poor bellies full. $25 for hubby's meal which he enjoyed (combo platter) but not worth the price.

But the worst part was that we received our doggy bag & had to wait 20 minutes to get our check. I kid you not. We had to flag down another waitress to get our waiter just to get that outrageous bill.

You're paying for the view not the portions. Food is good but for those prices it's not worth it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank remcham
“Good food by the Sound.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

What more can you ask for on a beautiful summer day than a fresh lobster roll platter with fries & cole slaw. The gin & tonic made with cucumber infused gin was refreshing. Service was great and prices are reasonable. Eat outside for a view of the sound. My first time there & I will definitely return.

2 Thank Itskat
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Lobster roll!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stopped for lunch. I had the best lobster roll ever! It seemed like a whole lobster and no fillers. My wife enjoyed the seafood over ceasar salad and enjoyed it. The service was a bit lacking.

• Visited May 2012