“Casual and simple but GOOD”
Review of Pho 501

Pho 501
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Casual and simple but GOOD”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had heard of this place from friends who liked the food. They were right! Fast and efficient service. Simple and limited menu and what we got was good!!! This is not a business lunch place unless your colleagues enjoy good food and very casual atmosphere.

I wil be back and plan to try the beef soup - I had the shrimp last time - outstanding. I hear the won tons are good too - thats for the next trip as well!

• Visited June 2012

Manchester, Connecticut
“It's about the food, not the atmosphere”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visit this restaurant frequently, and it has the best pho I have ever eaten. I have eaten pho in several large American cities and in Hanoi, Vietnam. Pho 501 is my favorite. As others have stated, the restaurant itself is a dive. It is very cramped with limited seating. It is very common to share a table with a complete stranger. In spite of some of the reviews to the contrary, I find the staff behind the counter to be friendly. The wait staff, however, can be a little surly.

I'll type it again. Nobody goes here for the atmosphere. The food is the main attraction. The parking lot is packed dirt and gravel; yet, it always seems packed during business hours.

• Visited June 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Satisfied my pho phix”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I fell in love with pho in Seattle; the hot, steamy, quick, cheap eats was widely available and soothing on those grey, wet days. Since moving to the East Coast, I've been on the look out for this satisfying stable from my days in the Pacific Northwest. This spot is pretty close. Though it lacks in variety, the shrimp pho I had today was very good. So was the fresh roll. Usually you have the option of several types of beef, chicken, sometimes tofu or seafood. This place only offers one or two options depending on the day. I'll be back when the next time I need a pho phix. I might make the detour on the way to Hartford airport.

• Visited May 2012
Suffield, Connecticut
“What's the big deal?”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Another first time lunch visit. The parking lot was always full, so had to try it. All they have is dishwater soup and $18.00 for two people for soup? One time was enough for me.

• Visited April 2012
CT
“The beef noodle soup second to none.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Went to Pho 501 for the first time. Place is tiny. My wife and I arrived at 2pm on a wed. Vietnamese man in jeans and t shirt came to the table immediately. My wife asked for a menu.The man says " No menu we have soup small med or large that's it you do not need a menu.'' We almost left but decided to try. I ordered a med my wife a small. Thank God we did not leave. Best soup I ever had. The place is a dive the customer service sucks and there is no menu. With all that being said I'm going back soon. If you like Pho you absolutely have to go.

• Visited October 2011