“Perfect for a 12 hour stay”

Hartford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are coming through town and simply need a place to sleep in the evening, get up by 7AM and get back on the road, the Ramada is the way to go. The rooms were actually clean, the shower, nicely appointed and the bar downstairs had a surprisingly large beer selection. Do not stay here for Holiday! But if you are driving through and want to spend less than $100 after tax, feel comfortable in your choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
RobertGrowth, Management Company Rep at Hartford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Ramada in East Hartford. We have just completed an extensive renovation of this property. All rooms have been refreshed along with updates to our large meeting spaces.

Our onsite restaurant, Nolita Restaurante does have a very extensive "craft" beer selection. Nolita's also has an incredible menu which has won accolades from locals and guests.

The indoor pool will re-open soon which we believe is perfect for a family vacation!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Average king room. A bit worn. First room didn't have a fridge or microwave as reserved. Moved to another room with a fridge. Wobbly but working.

Good bed and shower. Also breakfast was pay only. Breakfast was advertised as included.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Motel is just fine! The motel has easy access from the interstate. The room was nice. The hallways had popcorn on floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was looking for a hotel near my client's location, and for some reason, the hotels in the area were sold out for the dates I needed. I tried a few hotel sites, and found this hotel. I am not very picky, so I thought the hotel was excellent. Does it need some work, probably, but I found the room had everything I needed, and it did not feel crowded or unkempt. I would stay there again if in the area. Did not eat at the restaurant, got out in the morning before it opened.

Room Tip: It's near the highway, but I did not notice any road noise during my stay
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Staff was friendly and the room was nice. The bed was comfy, room was spacious but overall the hotel needs upgrading. The were no outlets near the bed (which isn't a big deal) but more convenience, the furntiture in the room was worn, there was an outlet cover missing and wires were exposed, the bathroom was old/dated and there was something on the bathroom ceiling, not sure if it was mold or what. I didn't have an issues with noise or smells. My suggestions: there should be a complementary light breakfast (that's pretty much standard with hotels now), they should have laundry detergent (or sell it) for the washer and dryer and upgrade the rooms. Bottom line, the price to value is average. It's nothing fancy but it's a convenient and affordable place to stay in a nice area.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor facing the main road. A little traffic noise but nothing major. I didn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I checked in early and was surprised that they had a room available. I was kind of impressed by the lobby area and the restaurant connected to it.
The front desk clerks looked kind of sketchy but were nice. The blonde man wearing the over sized blazer looked like an extra from Miami Vice did a line, and seemed to over talk the guy in the hotel uniform but they were both nice all the same. I went up to my room which was at the end of the hall and to my surprise, house keeping wasn't done cleaning it.
They were almost done so I waited and they left.

The hotel seems like it is in the middle of nowhere if you arent familiar with the area and there isnt much around to begin with except office buildings housing and Margarita's.
It was very quiet but the room was something else. It was clean but the chair in the corner had dark spots covering it, it looked like mold (i was scared to sit in it), the ceiling over the shower was also trifling with the ceiling stained a different color and the tub was a bit discolored. The curtains over the window were also disheveled as though someone pulled parts of it down.
The next day I discovered at 11:30 that check out was 11 when I requested a late check out, which is something the receptionist failed to tell me at check in. What kind of place has check out at 11am? There was no one really there also, so they gave me until 1230, so I had to rush to get my bags together, book another hotel, and get out.

Its an okay place if youre just laying your head down but dont overstay.
The fact that it is rated a 3 star has me confused because the Sheraton, Hilton and Hyatt are considered 3 star, this was 2 star at the MOST. Someone fix this please, because a restaurant does not automatically give you an extra star rating.
Spare me Ramada.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a better hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AlienNoir
RobertGrowth, Management Company at Hartford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Ramada in East Hartford. I apologize for some of the issues you experienced at the hotel. This hotel is currently wrapping up an extensive renovation of the rooms and public areas. We are proud of our renovations but even more so proud of our staff. They have won several accolades for their roles as ambassadors to our hotel.

We work hard to foster an environment where we care about our staff and in return they care for our guests. It appears that this customer associate provided you with a high level of service and again, I am sorry you didn't approve of the way they looked. The hotel is a work in progress and in the next month the renovation will be 100% complete.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Econo Lodge - East Hartford
Econo Lodge - East Hartford
#4 of 5 in East Hartford

Been to Hartford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!