I stayed here for a night on my way to Maine. It was handy that I saw a picture of the hotel on the web when I made the reservation, as the name Radisson wasn't on the sign outside. Apparently this used to be a Holiday Inn, as the old light-up sign had been flipped inside-out. I guess the sign company didn't come through in time. At any rate I figured this was the place, and the signage issue was the worst thing I can say.
The lobby is nice. My room was on the first floor, past what I think were some meeting rooms. The paint on the doors and door frames to those rooms is pretty beaten up and made the hall look worn.
The room itself, however, was quite nice. I looked recently decorated and had a contemporary look. The furniture and carpet was in excellent shape, and the mattress was reasonably comfortable. There was a big chair with ottoman in the corner and a desk with a swivel chair. The bathroom showed a little more wear, but not too bad. Free WiFi is available, but its not secured, so be careful with those passwords.
There was a slight amount of highway noise, not enough to be bothersome.
I got my room through that famous name-your-own-price site, my first try at it. I think the published rate is $99. I got it for a bid of $46 plus tax. For a hundred bucks it would have been only fair on the value scale, but for 46 bucks it was a screamin' deal.
Overall I was quite happy and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the HHCC in East Hartford, CT located just minutes from downtown Hartford & 16 miles from Bradley International Airport. Travelers appreciate the convenient location & free parking. Easily located off of I-84, this East Hartford hotel is near Rentschler Field, home of UCONN Huskies Football, Cabela's, & minutes from the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford Civic Center, Dodge Music Center, Connecticut Expo Center & Bushnell Theatre. Attractions near hotel include the Mark Twain House, Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Children's Museum, & the New England Air Museum. Other attractions include Mystic, CT, Mohegan Sun Casino, & Foxwood's Resort Casino. The Holiday Inn East Hartford is also near several colleges & universities such as the University of Connecticut, University of Hartford, Trinity College, St. Joseph College, Rensselaer at Hartford, Goodwin College, & Manchester Community College. Guests visiting local companies, Pratt & Whitney, Cellu Tissue, Coca Cola, Freightliner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hartford Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada East Hartford Hotel East Hartford
- Holiday Inn East Hartford
- East Hartford Holiday Inn