“Great Place for a Birthday Lunch”

Alfresco's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 79 Restaurants in East Hartford
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I (party of about 12) went here to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. We had a reservation so the table was set when we arrived and we were seated right away. The waitress was friendly and she went over the specials menu and the soups quickly. There weren't many people there except for 2 other larger parties. They had the most delicious warm bread that came out before the salads and the soups. Honestly, I could have eaten a whole loaf if it myself, it was a light kind of bread which melted the butter perfectly. It was a great start to the lunch!

After we ordered, the soups and salads came out promptly, the waitress and a bus person came around and cleared all of the plates and then all the lunches came out piping hot. I got the chicken parmigiana which was really good. They were good sized portions and the prices were incredibly reasonable for the amount of food and quality of food that we received. The two other parties there were celebrating birthdays too and the chef/owner came out after the meal to wish them all a happy birthday and to make sure everyone was happy. I thought that was a really nice touch. I would definitely recommend going here for a birthday lunch or dinner and if I'm back in the area I'd like to go back and try another meal.

1  Thank Danielle O

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Delicious specials. Friendly staff. Chef is a delight. Clean and fabulous great for families and couples. Plenty of booths.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

There is an incredibly large varied menu. Certainly something for everyone's tastes. We ordered many of the specials. The clam chowder was really good, loaded with large pieces of clams and veggies, plenty of flavor besides just cream. The side salads were very fresh. The potato and cheese pierogi were tasty, although some thought they needed more cheese, while others didn't. They weren't as hot as I prefer. They were loaded with bacon and onions. The special calamari was spicy hot and delicious, fresh and not chewy at all. The appetizers are very large and plenty enough to share with several people. The pork loin was a perfect piece of pork but unfortunately it was overcooked and dry. The accompaniments were perfectly paired for the pork. The cipionno was loaded with fresh seafood in a delicious broth. Plenty of food even when ordered without the pasta. The salmon special was not too large but plenty. Very fresh. We brought a chocolate bread pudding home and it was super. They make their own bread but we weren't served any, and when we inquired about the bread, the server gave us some to take home. It is homemade and good. There is local beer on tap. The prices are more than fair for the large portions that are served. Pleasant décor and atmosphere. They didn't have a wine list and wine service isn't their specialty. Dirty dishes were still on the table when next course arrived. Not enough cloth napkins for a party of four, they had run out. Staff is friendly and helpful but certainly casual and inexperienced.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food has consistently been great and always leaves you more than satisfied, and frequently with a little to take home as well.Their baked stuffed eggplant, baked lasagna, and veal parmesan are excellent and have become my favorites. Don't forget to try their C&E Pizza on the side of the restaurant for great grinders and pizza.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Delicious. Extensive specials that bring home world Italian dinners. Delicious fresh out of this world. Family favorite