“Wedding day”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I got married at Marco Polo on August 17, 2001! the food was excellent! the Wedding host is really what made us choose Marco. It was like talking to a best friend and the friend knew exactly what to do. Even years after, when we go to eat, she remembers our name. now that is special. We had 50 guest, but since it was a Friday night and no other bookings we had the full room for the price of half the room.

We go back a least once a year and find the food especially the pizza very good and the service excellent.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

1st time there and liked it much. we went for a work banquet and would say it went good overall and i would go back.

the baked chicken dinner was good. the service we had was also good.

its located east of main street in East Hartford. its a busy street its on and fast traffic. be careful

Reviewed February 8, 2014

It's been many year since we had a party in their private room [which holds up to 32] but I wanted to give it a try since it's really hard to find another venue for such a weird number of guests. I was SO pleasantly surprised by the wonderfully easy and smooth experience both Koolah, the event manager, and our terrific waitresses, Deaana and Bev, made happen. There were quite a few last minute problems and Bev and Deanna really eased me through it all, both emotionally and quite efficiently. I would not hesitate anytime in the near future to book a big party at Marco Polo again based on the wonderful personnel who made my event work successfully in spite of last minute changes and chaos. Thank you Bev and Deanna!

1  Thank SassyKassy
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We brought my mom with us to Sunday Brunch today. Wow! The buffet style brunch has all the traditional items and, in addition, a carving station with roast beef (horseradish sauce is there if you wish) and a station for made-to-order omelets! We arrived early and the food was plentiful and piping hot. The clam chowder is wonderfully thick and creamy. The baked Scrod is excellent and flaky. Don't miss the coconut cake as it is especially good. We recommend the "garden dressing" for your salad which it turns out is the restaurant's house dressing. It is light and delicious if you like a vinaigrette type of dressing. The price for the brunch was unbelievable...$16.99 per person! Also included in this price was a choice of a Bloody Mary or Mimosa. This older-style restaurant does not have any "curb appeal" on the outside and is located near a strip mall across from McDonald's on Burnside Avenue near the Manchester town line in East Hartford. The inside decor is also dated in appearance. However, if you are looking for great food, great waitstaff, want a place to bring the whole family and parents, want great value, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Family R
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I held my mom's 75th surprise birthday party here. We had the brunch. My god what a great selection of food. They waited on us hand and foot. I wanted to have the party here because my parents were engaged at this place many years back. They always spoke highly of it, and they were right.
The price for the food and the service was right on target. It has a lovely atmosphere and I def say its a win.