“the best italian food in CONNECTICUT”
Review of Capa di Roma

Capa di Roma
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 21, 2013

the food is great. I have been a customer for years and i have never had a bad experience. Their sauce is REAL. Their pizza crust is baked to perfection with just enough toppings and cheese. My favorite all time meal is Carbonara it is extremely tasty and so filling. The only complaint is you must un- botton your jeans once you are done eating. The staff is great. The owners always make me feel like family. There is nothing like eating a great meal in a relaxed setting with people who treat you as well as family.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

It's time to part ways with Roma! For starters, we waited almost two hours for our takeout order this evening. When our order FINALLY arrived we received no apologies and unfortunately we didn't check our order until the driver left. When we opened the bags we found our food sideways, grease everywhere and ice cold. When we contacted the restaurant to let them know about our experience we were asked "what would you like us to do about it?" Really? Never again! It's unfortunate because this used to be a favorite of ours, but there are many other restaurants in the area that care about their customers! So long Roma.

1  Thank Kristina S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I’ve eaten at Casa di Roma numerous times and have always enjoyed this venue for Italian food. Their sauce is always very good and the freshly baked bread plentiful. However, today was a different experience. Granted it was a late lunch (about 1:30) but it seemed as if the wait staff was in a real hurry to clear patrons from the restaurant, including my group of four.
I ordered Baked Ziti with meatballs. When my dish arrived within 5 minutes I was surprised to have a bowl of penne pasta with sauce and the aforementioned meatballs set before me. Our group was reminiscing about wilderness trips, and as I was very engrossed in the conversation, I dug right into the pasta, not realizing until after a few mouthfuls that “hey, this isn’t Baked Ziti.”
Do you think maybe the wait staff should have told me they were out of Baked Ziti? Then again perhaps I should have spoken up and said I didn’t order penne pasta. Aside from my order being completely wrong, the sauce was as good as I remembered and the meatballs were up to par.
Next time I’ll be sure to speak up…..scusi un attimo!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Best Pizza East of the river!! sauce is outstanding!!hidden gem

1  Thank robbuck61
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have been to Capa di Roma for lunch on numerous occasions. I have never had a bad meal here. Prices a very reasonable for the quantity and quality of food served. There are usually 3-4 specials every day as well as lunch portions for the staples. Their sauce is excellent and is available for sale in local grocery chains. The dining area is clean and comfortable. Service is fast and personable. It can get crowded during lunch as there are a couple of large companies in the area. A very good local Italian restaurant

1  Thank boboloCT