$120
$59
Travelocity
$209
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

$95
CandlewoodSuites
$110
$72
$58
$114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

All reviewsconvention centeracross the bridgeclose to downtowngreat hotelfree breakfastfront desk staffeasy accesshartford areaconnecticut riverbusiness tripoff the highwayconvenient locationhot breakfastwould stay here againroom was largethe hotel is cleanenjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Went to Hartford this past weekend and stayed at this hotel. Hint: type East Hartford into your GPS, not just Hartford. The king bed was fabulous, business travelers will find the desk and free wireless internet convenient, the tv swiveled so you could see it from any place in the room, the closet had 2 pants hangers and about 8 shirt hangers (incl. an iron), the bathroom had a shower that was quite large with glass doors and complete with hairdryer and coffee maker. We were on the 5th floor and had a pretty good stay. The second night there was a young child staying directly across the hall that woke us several times (from wee morning screaming: midnight, 1am, 2am). It was unfortunate. Not sure if the hotel can do much, other than possibly making several rooms with extra soundproofing to put children in. I have seen it indicated that they have a heated pool, and it might be, but I put one foot in and decided just to sit in a lounge chair. My husband was a bit braver, but said it was uncomfortably cool. There was no hot tub. We used the fitness center that was good by hotel standards and was all working: 2 treadmills, a stair stepper, a recline bike, and dumbbells. They had a water cooler, but it was not working. The breakfast area had plenty of room and was well stocked. They can close off the food area from the eating area, so they start closing at about 5 minutes to 10am, even on weekends. They also replace their cheese omelets with powdered scrambled eggs once they run out around 9:30am. For some reason the waffle machines leaked which created a big mess, but they still turned out well. The breakfast area did not have a good flow to it, but it might have just an oblivious individual that took entirely too long at the coffee station.

We went to see a show at the XL Center. This hotel was just across the river, separated by a pedestrian/car bridge. We were unsure about parking in downtown, so we opted to take a cab to and from the show. It cost under $10 each way. The following day we spent the afternoon/evening in downtown, so we parked early for $10 for the day/evening (avoiding the higher event rates). This hotel was also an easy jaunt to the Mark Twain house. The tours fill up quickly, so advise getting there early (when they open) or you could end up waiting several hours to get into a tour.

These downtown restaurants were worthy and served up delicious food: Agave Grill (Mexican) with their table-side guacamole and drink menu and Black-Eyed Sally's BBQ, and these bars ranked up there Pour House and Black Bear in the downtown area near the XL Center. Make sure to go early if you want to eat (2 hrs at least) before a game or a show because the places get packed. Before heading out, we enjoyed a nice lunch at El Sarape Restaurant (Authentic Mexican) away from the downtown and accessible by car, but we were advised not to go there after dark.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JnDsTravelog
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Building was brand new and had a very modern decor, which was nice. Room was clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was good. My only complaint was the location. Not very close to any shopping or dining (that I noticed, but to be fair we checked in after dark and left early the next morning) and was located in a business park.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed here for one night with my daughter before the Hartford Marathon. The hotel is just outside the city and my daughter and I felt safe and comfortable coming back to the hotel alone at night. The hotel was great, super clean, modern and upscale. I really liked the high seating table in the breakfast area, you could sit across from someone, so much better than sitting at a bar. I have already recommended to friends if they need a place to stay in Hartford to stay here. No restaurants in the immediate area, but if you have a car anything you could want is close by. We went to the WestFarms mall for dinner/shopping about 15 minutes away. Staff was helpful and friendly. Excellent experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I recently attended a conference in Hartford and opted to stay across the bridge from "where the action" was. I AM SO GLAD I DID! The staff could not have been friendlier and the room was every bit as beautiful as the one a friend payed twice as much for. The breakfast options were excellent. As for proximity, it was an easy walk and readily accessible by vehicle. If I had had more time I would have made use of the swimming pool and gym as well. Clean, courteous and convenient! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you for your response. It is our pleasure to have Exceeded your Expecations. I'm sure you would of enjoyed the heated pool and our Fitness Center by Precor. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I just recently stayed here over the weekend for a half business half leisure type deal. It was wonderful! I did NOT want to check out. Okay so the parking is free (plus), the lobby was very well decorated and warm/inviting, just like the front desk staff. I stayed in a guest room on the 5th floor with a King bed. Sooo nice. I don't know if they just recently remodeled or what but everything seemed brand new and sparkling clean. So there were three things that really made this hotel stand out from the rest for me.
The bed
The bathroom
and FREE wireless internet in my room!
Im super picky about hotel rooms and i was very impressed. The bed was super comfortable and the top spread did NOT make me wanna vomit. It was like nice and fresh smelling (you know that baked in the dryer smell). I usually pull off the top comforter and throw it on the floor in hotel rooms but I had no problems here.
The bathroom! This is a deal breaker for me it was ROOMY and the shower was big enough for 2 or even 3 people to shower, nice clean sliding doors. No gross shower curtain, plenty of counter space.
It didnt feel like a hotel room, it was like staying at a friends really nice house. Like a guest room at oprah's house or something.
The only drawback (if you can really call it that) is it was not listed on my nav system i had to put in the actual address and also if you are not familiar with the area then you'll need gps to find food. Theres nothing within walking distance, the hotel is located in some sort of like business district. I went to a taco bell that was about a mile or 2 away.
I'll probably stay here again for "me" time or to go swimming or something. Great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay at the BRAND new Hampton Inn & Suites of East Hartford. We take pride in our cleanliness of our guest room. Customers are guest and our hotel is there home away from home. We have added a wide selection of restaurant's all located within 5 minutes of the hotel and some that will deliver to your room. We welcome you back the next time your in town.