“Wonderful place stay here!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Connecticut
“Wonderful place stay here!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I just recently stayed here over the weekend for a half business half leisure type deal. It was wonderful! I did NOT want to check out. Okay so the parking is free (plus), the lobby was very well decorated and warm/inviting, just like the front desk staff. I stayed in a guest room on the 5th floor with a King bed. Sooo nice. I don't know if they just recently remodeled or what but everything seemed brand new and sparkling clean. So there were three things that really made this hotel stand out from the rest for me.
The bed
The bathroom
and FREE wireless internet in my room!
Im super picky about hotel rooms and i was very impressed. The bed was super comfortable and the top spread did NOT make me wanna vomit. It was like nice and fresh smelling (you know that baked in the dryer smell). I usually pull off the top comforter and throw it on the floor in hotel rooms but I had no problems here.
The bathroom! This is a deal breaker for me it was ROOMY and the shower was big enough for 2 or even 3 people to shower, nice clean sliding doors. No gross shower curtain, plenty of counter space.
It didnt feel like a hotel room, it was like staying at a friends really nice house. Like a guest room at oprah's house or something.
The only drawback (if you can really call it that) is it was not listed on my nav system i had to put in the actual address and also if you are not familiar with the area then you'll need gps to find food. Theres nothing within walking distance, the hotel is located in some sort of like business district. I went to a taco bell that was about a mile or 2 away.
I'll probably stay here again for "me" time or to go swimming or something. Great hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you for your stay at the BRAND new Hampton Inn & Suites of East Hartford. We take pride in our cleanliness of our guest room. Customers are guest and our hotel is there home away from home. We have added a wide selection of restaurant's all located within 5 minutes of the hotel and some that will deliver to your room. We welcome you back the next time your in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last night and it was wonderful. Exceptional front desk staff, lovely interior, clean room, great beds. We attended a concert at the Comcast Theater in Hartford. After driving over to the theater earlier to scout out the location, we decided walking would be best. The hotel is conveniently located to a pedestrian bridge over the river and takes you right to the new Science Center and downtown Hartford. Parking at the hotel was free - parking for the concert was anywhere from $10 - $30 depending on the location of the lot. We walked at a good pace and got there in half an hour (walking with throngs of other people - police directing traffic, which was a great help) and walked back to the hotel at 11:00 and felt perfectly safe.

There is nothing wrong with the area safety wise, as far as I could tell. It does not have any real restaurants nearby, but that is the worst thing I could say. The front desk recommended a place called Mickey's Oceanic Grill (they are reviewed on TripAdvisor), right down the road. It is mostly a take-out place so we brought it back to the hotel and ate in our room. Good pulled pork sandwiches, good mac and cheese, very good clam chowder.

Breakfast at the hotel was the usual very good assortment from Hampton - eggs, french toast sticks, turkey sausage, make your own waffles, pastry items, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. If you can't find something here that you like, I'd be amazed.

Thanks Gayle for the friendly smile behind the desk and I'm sorry I don't remember the other young woman's name - thanks to you too!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Thank you for your response. My staff and I take great care and pride in delivering exceptional customer service to all of our guest. It is the comments and suggestions of vauled guest that assist us in maintaining ultimate service. Glad you enjoyed Mickeys Oceanic Grill. We have added a list of local establishments for guest to enjoy the culinary taste of Hartford. We invite you to come back and enjoy our hotel again. Maybe try the Connecticut Science Center Package.
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights while I was attending a conference. I travel frequently but this was the most courteous, accommodating, polite, friendly hotel staff I have ever seen. Everybody was always smiling and made you feel very welcome. The breakfast was good and again served by some really nice people. The room was of a good size and was very well maintained. Parking was free and it was a short and a beautiful walk to the convention center.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you. It is our pleasure to exceed your expecations. We look forward to your next visit. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here.
Berwick, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We had not pre-booked so it was a relief to find this hotel after trying others. The staff was great and breakfast was exceptional. We slept in but were still accommodated for a late breakfast. Diane on the front desk was very helpful, giving us directions to find a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Thank you for your response. It's great to have our associates recognized for their commitment to exceed the guest expectations. I hope you enjoyed your dinner.
Brattleboro, VT
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I read tripadvisor reviews before booking, and am glad I ignored the comment about "bad location." There's nothing wrong with this location! It's in an attractive industrial park, with a nice view of Hartford from the west side. Very nice hotel: clean, quiet, new.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank halifax20
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for the great Response. We endeavor to exceed the expecations of all of our guest. We welcome you back the next time you are in Hartford.
OKC, OK
Reviewed April 27, 2010

The hotel is either new or very nicely kept. The staff was very friendly, rooms were very nice. The only qualm I have is with the location, it is borderline hood. The only decent restaurants are across the river..a short drive, but a bit of a hassle.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
EHTCT, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Brand New Hampton Inn & Suites of East Hartford. You are correct, we have opened 2/24/10. I would like to assure you that at the Hampton Inn & Suites we take the safety and security of all our guest. The location is safe and is a common area for people to walk and enjoy the view of the Connecticut River. For additional security, our location has camera's at all entrances and is only accessible by key cards and we have a security company monitoring the property as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 12 in Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!