“Clean, Comfortable and Courteous”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Massachusetts, United States
“Clean, Comfortable and Courteous”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Excellent rooms, service and easy to find off the highway. Complimentary breakfast was well organized with a nice assortment of hot & cold choices. Highly recommend it and would definitely select again for future travel needs

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Holland Pa, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night during my daughters freshmen orientation at the University of Hartford. Since I was not familiar with the area, and having had good experiences with Hampton inns I decided to stay here. Overall we had a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was attending a conference at the CT Convention Center in Hartford and the hotel adjacent to the center (Marriott) was full. In looking at alternatives the Hamption seemed to offer the best value for the distance away (Internet was free which some other chains charge for). It was a 5-10 minute walk across the bridge to the CTCC, very pleasant as long as the weather is not too bad. The hotel was pretty standard for a Hampton: clean, nice rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff. It is located in an office park area though, without much closeby. The excercise room was small but good with a couple of treadmills, a recumbent bike, an elliptical and some freeweights, etc. There is also an indoor heated pool which I did not use. Taxi to/from airport was $42. Good alternative to downtown hotels.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the west side where I could see the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked the Hampton Inn at the last minute. It's a long story, but my son and I stayed to see WWE wrestling at the XL center. The hotel was clean (and I am critical with cleanliness), the included breakfast was worthwhile, and the staff was helpful. We only had one issue during our stay...the pool was closed (and my son was disappointed). We didn't find out that the pool was closed for cleaning until we arrived. We were told that it "may" be finished by the next day. They apparently had a busy weekend and the pool was overused (and it looked that way too). The pool never opened (again, a sad kid) and I talked to the manager about the situation. She handled the situation well and I walked away a satisfied customer. Will definitely be back next time we're seeing a show at the XL center. The arena is less than a mile away from the hotel. Very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mass
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Will never stay here again - mainly because of management...

PROS:

Rooms are clean and the cleaning staff is lovely. Everyone I met was friendly and accomodating.

Treadmills in fitness area are decent.

CONS:

Firstly, I had reserved 2 rooms at the government rate. I got what i reserved (a king standard room, blah) and my colleague got the suite. Ok, luck of the draw, I suppose. Except I checked in first, and the staff informed me no suites were available at my time of check in. Since I am a Hilton Honors member and I am staying the week, you would think the staff would be more accommodating. NOPE. Another work colleague got the same room as I did, and when she complained, she was offered the option of having a mini fridge for the cost of $10 a day (after I complained I got a fridge for free). So I'm not sure what you need to do to be comfortable at this hotel, just complain to the right person I suppose.

The hotel management and front desk staff were appalling. I simply wanted to know why for the same rate, 2 guests received vastly different rooms. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told he (Jeremy Starr) would come in at noon. He never showed up prior to 1230 (when i left for work again). The floor manager who I spoke with later on said that not only were there no suites for me for the remainder of my stay (lies) there also were no other rooms I could switch to at the same rate (my room was handicap accessible and therefore no bathtub). This was after the cleaning staff had informed me they had several empty suites, and that the hotel was not booked to capacity...the front desk initially said if I got a suite, my rate would go up $60 a night. Well, my colleague who got a suite ended up paying $99. Agh, I hate this hotel.

The area is SHADY. There are signs that say the hotel is not responsible for your vehicle and to park at your own risk, etc. That's reassuring.

TVs are tiny.

For $99, you can get better accomodations at the Residence Inn down the street. Yes you might have to pay for parking, but i have never been treated like crap from their staff. Plus you'll have more amenities, like a kitchen.

Maybe I am coming off as entitled and picky, but had the front desk staff at least been warm or friendly, i may not have written this review.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mercy109, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we regret you were disappointed in your recent stay with us. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing in regards to the room assignment and rates. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further. We hope to have another chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Mercy Breitenbach
Marietta
Reviewed May 30, 2013

From the wonderful mattress, to the fluffy pillows, to the smooth sheets, to the comfy duvet (you won't want to get out of bed!), to the view overlooking downtown Hartford, to the ease of access, to the size and cleanliness of the room, to the great breakfast buffet in a cheerful environment, and for the price, this hotel just can't be beat! This was the most delightful experience of our trip (we had stayed at 4 different hotels, including a Wyndham and a private Conference Center) but we both wished we could have stayed here the entire time. We didn't want to leave! Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

New Emgland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

East Hartford is not exactly a shining jewel of a place to go. However, if you find yourself needing to be there, this hotel is definitely a good option. Everything is clean and fresh, breakfast choices are good for a standard breakfast buffet. Fitness center is somewhat sparse, but everything there was working well and looked relatively new.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Hartford Marriott Downtown
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!