All reviewsfront deskconvention centeracross the bridgeclose to downtowngreat hotelfree breakfasteasy accesshartford areaconnecticut riverbusiness tripoff the highwayconvenient locationhot breakfastwould stay here againroom was largethe hotel is cleanenjoyed my stay
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for the WInterfest Volleyball Tournament and the staff was unbelievably helpful, friendly and outgoing!!! It was a great location you could walk to the convention center in 10-15 minutes took you 2 min to drive there. They didnt charge for parking which was BIG....the breakfast was good for free. The condition of the room was OK...there were stains on the rug and the desk chair was lopsided....nothing too major to prevent me from staying there again. Beds were clean and comfortable, bathroom was clean....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the 2013 Winterfest - a huge girls volleyball tournament held at the Hartford Convention Center. The hotel has a pool, free breakfast, clean rooms, and friendly staff - and free parking (unlike most of the downtown hotels). Its less than a 5 minute drive across the bridge to downtown Hartford, restuarants and the convention center. During the Winterfest, the City actually had free shuttles that ran from a spot across the street from the hotel to a loop around the downtown area including a first stop at the convention center. Hotel was reasonably priced given the Downtown competition.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had business in Hartford, CT, but the city hotels seemed pricey to me. I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites, and found the hotel to be new, well-run, and very close to the downtown. The room I had was the biggest room I had ever seen in a Hampton Inn. Also, I found that I did not even need a rental car. I walked to the city and back -- and very lovely walk across the Connecticut River -- a short stroll really. Very doable and enjoyable. I would eat breakfast at the hotel (included in the price), walk across the bridge to the city, and then in the afternoon, walk back. Hartford is a compact city, so once you get to the hotel, you do not need a rental car -- save on that expense.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor. I ended up with a room on the 5th floor -- very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David G
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Pulled a night in this hotel due to the storm. Double Queen room. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay here. Very clean with a large, well lit parking lot. Lots of travelers staying at this hotel. Breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn. Didn't find a whole lot of "cheap eats" nearby, but am not familiar with this area. After this stay I have found I am partial to Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family