Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$60
$58
All reviewsconvention centeracross the bridgeclose to downtowngreat hotelfree breakfastfront desk staffeasy accesshartford areaconnecticut rivermake your own wafflesbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationoff the highwayhot breakfastroom was largethe hotel is clean
Reviewed August 11, 2012

There's really no reason to stay at this hotel. The pool smelled horrible telling me either someone had an accident or it's poorly maintained. I'm pretty sure it was the former though I try to tell myself otherwise. Either way, the staff didn't seem to care when I told them. You have to fight for a seat at breakfast. There's absolutely nowhere to eat within five miles of the place unless you want to go into downtown Hartford - but even that's deserted sometimes. The front desk staff didn't really seem to like their jobs. The head housekeeper was fantastic though. I wish I could remember her name. I just found the entire stay depressing.

Room Tip: Check the pool before going swimming.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Every time my husband and I spend a few extra dollars to stay at a Hampton (instead of Days Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. in the slightly lower category of hotels) we are glad we did. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was quiet (we stayed on a Friday night), and I love that Hamptons clean ALL the bedding after every guest leaves. Always love the breakfast. Overall a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Perhaps because its relatively new, this is a pleasant good value commercial C+ hotel. I like the location with the exception that it walking distance from nothing. To get to any amenities you have to drive and if you want a decent meal you have to drive to Hartford.

It is quiet though and it has a nice view of Hartford from the odd numbered rooms, for what thats worth.

Valuewise its the best place for 10 miles... if you don't mind paper cups.

Room Tip: Go for the odd numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel is just across the river from the main part of Hartford and is approached by car easily from I-84 and state highway 2. The parking lot is enormous.

Check in and check out were both easy. Lobby staff are very polite and efficient. Our group was 3 adults and 3 children. We had two rooms facing the parking lot.

The rooms are spotless with luxurious linens and duvets on the beds with 4 pillows per bed. Room cleaning is quite efficient. A mention that our bathroom sink was slow brought immediate attention by the house keeper with a complete fix of the problem by their engineering staff by the afternoon when we came back to the hotel. The house keeper specifically greeted us the next morning and asked if the problem had been fixed. Carpet is slightly more luxurious than good office carpeting. There are power plugs everywhere for chargers, laptops etc. There is a very good desk and chair by the window. The beds have nightstands and lamps. There is a large flat screen TV with remote control. The rooms are slightly smaller than average for US hotels and while roll-away beds are available, we had a difficult time imagining where one might fit.

Wireless internet access was easy to connect, free and quite fast. The connection was unencrypted but allowed VPN usage without difficulty. There was no safe, refrigerator or microwave in the room. Our rooms were right next to the elevators, but we had no trouble with elevator noise or sleeping. We heard no noises from the hallways or adjacent rooms. Air conditioning was controlled by a wall mounted thermostat. AC worked well but produced a small amount of fan noise.

The bathroom is large with separate fan and light switches. There is a tub shower combination provided a very good shower. Hot water took about 10-15 seconds to arrive. Towels are good quality, average sized and not luxurious.

Breakfast service is across the hall from the lobby, and the area has tables, a high table and a couple of alcove tables. A pair of attendants kept the area clean and the breakfast well stocked. There were scrambled eggs, sausages, breads, yogurt, oatmeal with 4 toppings, cold cereals, three types of juice and ice water. My small daughter really liked the bake-it-yourself waffles. Coffee was consistently weak. Outside of the clearly marked breakfast times, coffee is always available. Bagged breakfasts were waiting for people at the front desk. Fresh baked cookies were at the front desk in the afternoons.

Overall, it was a very good stay. We gave 5 dots overall but 4 dots for the room due to the size, especially for 4 people. Otherwise, we thought the hotel to be excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This brand new Hampton shares the parking lot with our Hartford office, so it is the perfect place to stay. The staff is very friendly and my reservations were handled quickly. My room had two beds instead of the request King, but I decided to keep the room. In all, a very clean and well designed place. I slept great on the clean bed, and there were no door slams at night. The only disappointment was the standard Hampton breakfast. Razor thin greasy bacon and powdered eggs. I wish every Hampton would contact the Shelton Hampton and use their food supplier. Other than that, this was a good stay at a consistent chain. The pool looked nice, but I did not have time to swim. Considering the office was such a short walk, this was the most convenient Hampton of my trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business