“Great Place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. This property is well kept and i reccommend it highly. The linens are very clean and the room smelled fresh. shower and bathroom were spotless. I stayed in a standard King room and was quite comfortable. I think this a great hotel at a good price for the area. I work for Pratt & Whitney when I am in the area and the hotel is within 3- 4 minutes from Pratt & Whitney.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MSM19

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We were there for one evening prior to a business meeting. The staff could not possibly have been more helpful and friendly! They went so far above and beyond the call of duty, it was amazing. We have another meeting scheduled for July, there's no doubt we'll be back!

Room Tip: The King suite is ideal for business get-togethers.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The hotel is OK for business travel, if you can find it. I don't carry a GPS and forgot to print out a map of the hotel location. I called from the airport for directions and the desk clerk couldn't give me directions from the airport. I proceeded to get lost and ended up 20 mile east of the hotel. I subsequently had 4 more conversations with the desk who finally looked up the hotel on MapQuest and read me the directions to get there. I got to the hotel at 12:30 AM a bit grumpy.

Room was standard. The doonas on the beds are all lumpy with empty spots in the insulation. I asked at the desk, and apparently this is how they're intended to be, but it reminded me of a down sleeping bag that got wet and wasn't dried properly.

Hot breakfast was good.

Breakfast

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rogerbowman
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I'm not writing about the actual hotel stay. I am writing to warn others of the unsafety of their parking lot.
The night of January 23, 2012 not only our but 3 cars with New York plates had their windows shattererd and items stolen from their cars. GPS was taken.

Hotels need to take extra safety measures when they knows cars are being broken into to steal GPS units.
Take EVERYTHING out of your cars here. Do not leave GPS under your seat..the crooks know this.

Hotel room itself- fine. But paying $135 per night when you wake up to shattered glass, items stolen and $600 repair bills..Not worth it.
Clearly the hotel has known about these break-ins for quite some time. But where is the security????

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank lexi1980
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My king bed room was on the 5th floor. Very clean. Comforter covers are changed for each guest. Reception staff was friendly. Coffee offered 24 hours but gets cool during off-hours. Buffett breakfast offered, but I had to leave before it was served. I paid $97 all inclusive, and I had HHonors membership.

Room Tip: My HHonor membership seemed to get me a top floor, quiet room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights late October 2011. The hotel was easy & quick to find off of I-91 South. It's either a newer hotel or fully remodeled, so it was nice & clean, etc.
Free breakfast with ample seating in the mornings. Definitely a good way to start a workday if you're traveling.
The room was plenty spacious for a single queen bed. Although no fridge was a bummer seeing as we stayed for so many nights.. My only complaint was that I didnt get new towels & soaps one day. I notified the fornt desk and they took care of it, I was staying on the 5th floor and apparently the housekeeper skimped on that floor.
Pros: comfortable bed, nice bathroom, TV etc
Cons: internet (wifi) pretty much unusable until after 9PM, no fridge in the room

Room Tip: ask for one of the suites so you can get a fridge for your cold ones!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The rooms were great, the service was great, we were really made to feel at home. The breakfasts were filling and we were pretty happy with our stay.
Easy to walk across the river into Hartford, good access to the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!