“Great accommodation!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Maitland, FL
“Great accommodation!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

After taking the Amtrak Auto Train into VA, I had a long drive towards ME ahead of me. I made a couple reservations along the way as I didn't know how far I would get that day. I am so glad I made it to this hotel and didn't have to stop before. The quality and cleanliness was superb! Very large bathroom and quality linens, towels and amenities. I had some computer work to do before heading out so wanted to bring a bit of breakfast up to my room. I made an english muffin and was gathering my coffee when staff asked if I needed a tray. It was very appreciated! All the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. When I arrived I was concerned that there was no food option nearby, but to the suggestion of the front desk person, I found a Subway just a couple miles away. I was also concerned as my car was loaded with things and I didn't know if that would be a security problem. The parking lot is very well lit so nothing was disturbed.
Free wi-fi was excellent! I am an innkeeper myself so maybe pickier than the regular traveler, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to go out and just want a light bite, get it before you arrive.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wolcott
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The Hampton Inn and Suites in East Hartford is Fantastic! I have spent Twice to Three Times what I paid for a FAR INFERIOR Lodging. The Staff is Well Trained! Those little incidental items left out of the suitcase, they have for free. The Double Queen Studio with a Full Size Sleeper Sofa were all very comfortable. The mini fridge was not your standard square box!
The Bathroom and Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Mouthwash, Moisturizing Lotion were not Bargain Basement Amenities. Free Local Calls make it so easy to make reservations at the many Restaurant. The Walk to Hartford over the Founder Street Bridge is Easy! Steps or Ramps access to the Bridge. The Pool is just right Temperature wise. The Free Morning Hot Breakfast was Substantial. It was served from 06:00 to 10:00. Please consider this property when in the Hartford, East Hartford, CT area. It's very close to I-84, and I-91.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shorethinglo
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel to attend a concert at the nearby Comcast Theatre. It was very very clean and comfortable. This hotel is new and very well maintained. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful. The staff was very nice and helpful. It's located right off the highway for easy travel, yet quiet. The price is wonderful too, thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here Sat. night overnight and were happy to see a nice, clean hotel with just enough amenities. The pool area was very nice and there was an outside area to sit if the weather would have been nicer. The hot breakfast buffet was really good and I would stay here again just for that. It was a little busy because a softball tourney was nearby but everything was replenished as needed. All that was missing was a cube fridge in the room. That one addition would have made the stay complete.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites East Hartford for a full week in June 2011. This is a newer hotel and everything is kept up very well. This Hampton Inn follows the same branding that can be found at any other Hampton Inn with free breakfast, free internet, business center, and indoor pool. Parking is free at this hotel and it's very close to downtown Hartford. The only negative from this hotel is that it's not located next to any shops or restaurants. I had a car and could drive out to dinner each night, but if you happen to be in town with no vehicle you would certainly feel trapped.

I paid a little extra money and booked one of their suites. They are kind of stretcing the definition of the word suite since it's just a larger room, but I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the price. I will be happy to return to this hotel the next time I'm in town on business.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Great rooms and really nice breakfasts. Indoor pool is average, nothing special. Better than the Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Booked my stay here on the advice of TripAdvisor.com. This hotel is about as close to Hartford as you can get without leaving East Hartford - it's right across the Connecticut River from downtown Hartford, which I could see out the window of the suite I was staying in. The suites are spacious - like a studio apartment with a small workspace, a couch and a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator.

I find that you can never really go wrong with a Hampton Inn. My only difficulties were trying to find the hotel - there was no direct route to it off I-84 westbound - and a very loud heating/cooling system.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 12 in Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!