“Walking distance to Hartford”

Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Downtown Hartford located a quick 5-10 minute walk away. Staff was great. They directed us how to get to the walking path to the bridge to the city and held our luggage for the day while we toured as we didn't have a car. Felt very safe walking to and around the city during the day. Cab from airport to this location was $42.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Many guests are commenting that they enjoyed our new bedding. This is actually a new Holiday Inn brand standard that was recently rolled out. All Holiday Inn's will have this bedding set-up by the end of 2015, and we were one of the first hotels to implement the new standard.

Looking forward to seeing you next time you visit the Hartford area.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was impressed by the staff and the quality of this hotel. Everything had been renovated recently, and my room was clean, spacious, modern, and attractive. The bed was comfortable and offered comfortable and versatile linens -- a comforter and blankets instead of one of those awful polyester coverlets. The front desk staff were incredibly nice and helpful. The location is good -- there is easy access to the biking/walking/running paths along the river -- and only about a mile, if that, to walk downtown. The hotel does not include breakfast, which is a bit of a drawback, but there is a restaurant downstairs which I did not try. The closest places to walk are downtown, so if you want breakfast either plan to eat it in the restaurant, bring your own snacks, or be ready to walk. I did not use the pool or the gym on this trip, so I cannot speak to those facilities. All in all, I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Hartford.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the Hartford area.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel did not disappoint. It was very clean and staff were friendly. It is obvious that there have been some recent makeovers which resulted in a modern updated hotel. The beds and pillow choices were AWESOME! There was no outside traffic noise which is what I had anticipated being so close to the interstate. But it was relatively quiet. Huge parking lot with free parking which is a plus for city accommodations. However if walking from this hotel to the science museum or conference center you might consider rethinking it. The hotel is surrounded by dense bushes/trees, there is a bridge that you must walk under to get to the 60plus steps that will lead you over another rather lengthy bridge. The walk under bridge has gang related art and an array of drug paraphernalia but what was most creepy was the lone cars with people hanging out at the far end of the parking lot, it was obvious to me that they weren't watching the sunrise. I felt safe within the confines of the hotel but beyond that not so much. Overall it was a really nice hotel with easy access. No continental breakfast and the creepy parking lot people lost a star from me. I would really consider hiring security to patrol the lot.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our bed- and pillow choices, we are getting many compliments on them and on the friendliness of our team!

We will be pruning back all of the bushes in the parking lot soon, so as to improve visibility, and I would like to assure you that we have security on site every day of the week. We also encourage the local police to come and grab a cup of coffee and to use our property/parking lot when doing their daily reports.

We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Hartford.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am actually staying at this property right now. I booked here because the other Holiday that I usually stay at had no vacancies. Since, my review is on the current property, I'm going to leave my comments out about that place. For the price we paid, my expectations were not set high; however, I was blown away. Unlike the one I'm not talking about, the lobby is fresh, clean, modern and very appealing. The staff here is super. One thing I truly hate when I'm spending my hard earned money is to go unacknowledged. The front desk associates promptly greeted us with welcoming faces and sweet smiles. They were so kind and helpful. We ate at the restaurant. It was good for the price. Not raving over it; but, definitely worth the price. After that we took a tour and the indoor pool was impressive. There is even a handicap lift to get in and out of the pool. I was blow away by that amenity. As for being someone who occasionally has to use a wheelchair, it was nice to know there was an option for the disabled here. The gym is attached to the pool area which makes it convenient to utilize both facilities (get those workouts one after the other). The rooms are very nice and clean and the bed is AMAZING ... sleeping on the clouds (even better than home - and that doesn't get expressed lightly). The ONLY (small) problem we encountered was the lack of fans/ventilation in the bathrooms (note: staying with a husband and son ... think you get the point). Not to keep rambling on... I will conclude - BEST HOLIDAY INN in HARTFORD.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel and for bringing the bathroom vent issue to my attention. Based on your review, we inspected the rooftop ventilation units and found one to be in need of repair. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, we have ordered the parts needed and this will be fixed within a few days.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Hartford CT.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked through Hotwire... so the hotel name wasn't revealed until after I booked and I was skeptical because I tend to like higher-end places but this was a VERY pleasant surprise. This hotel was BRAND NEW. Everything was updated, clean and current. Close by to Downtown and directly off of 84 which is perfect for travel.

The hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind response. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Hartford area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while in town for the Michigan/UConn game (go Blue!). I was overwhelmingly impressed with this facility. Our basic knowledge about some of the hotels in Hartford are not completely positive, so I was hesistant. I found an amazing deal for 2 rooms that we just could not pass up. I was so amazed how updated this hotel was. The lobby was very welcoming, and very nice. But the room was fabulous! It was so spacious, and clean, and the bed was so incredibly comfortable! We had a great night stay here. When we checked out, the front desk lady did charge my card a bit too much. I did have the email confirmation from when I booked that had a different price, and she quickly corrected it. If we are ever back in the area, we will most definitely stay here. Great work!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend, the UConn vs. Michigan game was great to watch! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Hartford and all of it's attractions.

All the best,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here one night after a concert at the nearby Comcast Theater. The room was nicely updated and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I didn't want to get up in the morning it was so comfy! Hotel grounds were nicely kept as well in spite of the area nearby that part of Hartford is a dump.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. As you mentioned, we get quite a number of guests who stay with us because they attended shows at either the Comcast Theatre or the XL Center, and I am glad we provided you with a solid night's rest!!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Hartford area.

All the best!

Radisson Hotel Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford

Been to Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area? Share your experiences!