“I love this place, one of my favorites....”

Le's Vietnamese Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really love the fresh food at Le's Vietnamese restaurant. Can get quite busy at lunch time though, you may try going there for dinner for a better experience. Their Pho is delicious and you can have it any way you want it. I like the vegetable Pho hold the tofu. The service is very good and we have never been disappointed. If you can't find parking out front you can park in back. I highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The wife and I tried this place out and it definitely is #1.

You get a warm greeting as soon as you are seated just like mother. After the tea is poured (ask for it hot) they go out of their way to describe the types of food that you may like. The presentations are simple but the taste is the world..

The prices are very inexpensive but the portions could use some tweaking. The menu is as expected ala carte , appetisers then pancakes, rice basis and vermicelli basis prettu much everything is between 5-10$.

I would suggest that a balanced dinner meal would be an appetizer, a half pancake and one entrée with drinks.

My wife and I split an appetizer and she picked the pancake appetizer while I picked a vermincelli entree. Her meal was too large and my meal was too small so we did a little balancing on our own. She enjoyed my entree as more tasteful then her pancake. So I would recommend in the future to choose and appetizer and a side dish as a small pancake and any entrée after that for the best balance of tastes. Hopefully they will adjust their menu to offer small pancake dishes as sides.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

7 if us traveling. Owner cane over and put two plates of chicken pad Thai. Said 'On the house. You enjoy!' Delicious.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I eat at Le's 2 or 3 times a month. We have enjoyed Vietnamese cuisine throughout the US. It is a most welcome surprise to find the best so nearby.

Don't be fooled by the functional atmosphere; enjoy the Patsy Cline background music because there is not much time to look around. You will be greeted pleasantly by Le herself and seated. Everything thereafter is choreographed like a fine watch. Service is smooth and friendly. The most time consuming event of your visit will be choosing from the extensive menu. And if you don't see exactly what you want, ask Le and it will probably be created for you.

Throughout my many visits, I have had many of the menu selections. Every one has been ample, well prepared, delicious and very enjoyable.

Your meal is typically completed with a small dessert cake compliments of Le. A most welcome final note is the extremely reasonable check total you receive.

ADDENDA: Lunch time is typically busier than evenings. Le's closes at 7:30 pm so don't plan on a late dinner. Le's does not serve alcohol and you may bring wine or beer to enjoy with your meal.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Le's is tucked into a corner of Main Street in East Hartford. We were greeted promptly and brought hot tea immediately (it was so cold outside). The owner is so friendly and was so happy that we devoured everything - the banh is great, the spring rolls typical, the pho and the vermicelli are large portions that we finished even though we should have stopped. We were even brought pieces of some kind of cake for dessert (I thought it would be ordinary pound cake but it was so moist and light.) This is going to be one of my new haunts. The only down side is that they are not open Sunday or past 7:30 during the week.