“Food you wish your mother made!”

Le's Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in East Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I eat at Le's 2 or 3 times a month. We have enjoyed Vietnamese cuisine throughout the US. It is a most welcome surprise to find the best so nearby.

Don't be fooled by the functional atmosphere; enjoy the Patsy Cline background music because there is not much time to look around. You will be greeted pleasantly by Le herself and seated. Everything thereafter is choreographed like a fine watch. Service is smooth and friendly. The most time consuming event of your visit will be choosing from the extensive menu. And if you don't see exactly what you want, ask Le and it will probably be created for you.

Throughout my many visits, I have had many of the menu selections. Every one has been ample, well prepared, delicious and very enjoyable.

Your meal is typically completed with a small dessert cake compliments of Le. A most welcome final note is the extremely reasonable check total you receive.

ADDENDA: Lunch time is typically busier than evenings. Le's closes at 7:30 pm so don't plan on a late dinner. Le's does not serve alcohol and you may bring wine or beer to enjoy with your meal.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Le's is tucked into a corner of Main Street in East Hartford. We were greeted promptly and brought hot tea immediately (it was so cold outside). The owner is so friendly and was so happy that we devoured everything - the banh is great, the spring rolls typical, the pho and the vermicelli are large portions that we finished even though we should have stopped. We were even brought pieces of some kind of cake for dessert (I thought it would be ordinary pound cake but it was so moist and light.) This is going to be one of my new haunts. The only down side is that they are not open Sunday or past 7:30 during the week.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visit this restaurant with my wife and two small children about once a month. We are always greeted by the owner and she immediately shows us to our table. There are numerous tables in a large dining area. The dining room is a little bit dim as far as lighting, but the front window is always decorated for the appropriate season. Le allows my children to play with whatever decorations are on display and she personally plays with them as she shows off her decorative pond and fountain. Every time I have been to Le's she has brought my children a chicken dish that is not on the menu. My children's love it, and that's saying something for a 5 and 2 year old's palette. I've never been charged for the kid's meals either. The summer rolls are perfect and Pho is delicious. The broth is not oily and the beef is always tender and not fatty. Le tops off the meal with a slice of cake and lolly pops for the kids. You also get lemonade or hot tea as beverages that are included. Last time Le brought out a sampler appetizer that was delicious and on the house. I love this restaurant and I look forward to spending the evening every time I visit. For the four course meal my wife and I dined on, combined with my kids actually eating and having fun, this family restaurant is priceless. Bring your appetite and you'll leave with plenty in your wallet to visit again.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Le's has a wider selection than Pho 501 down the street and the Pho is just as good with the added benefit of being able to get a seat. Some of the selections are a bit strange and I wish they would remove the bone from the chicken and duck in the soup but very good food. The staff is friendly and everyone is treated like a regular. Tea and cake are a complementary part of the meal.

Reviewed November 30, 2009

I have been eating there for over years, a family own business.
and there pride is making their customers happy at any cost.