“Pleasant staff, decent food, pricey for Mexican”
Review of Loco Perro

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A dozen of our family members visited here recently, and it was okay but nothing to brag about. Our waitress Lauren was delightful, and my blackened chicken quesadilla was delicious, albeit pricey for any other Mexican restaurant we've visited. But my husband and sister had beef burritos, and my sister-in-law had beef tacos, and nobody liked the beef. I tried it and agreed with them. The margaritas were fair, so there's nothing I can recommend here. From the sounds of Carl C.'s review, we should have had the ribs.

1  Thank Linda H
There are newer reviews for Loco Perro

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I have visited this restaurant a few times now, as we live in the area. The food is ok (it's mexicanish) but the prices are really too high for what you get. Drinks are good (again, priced high) and the service staff and decor are very good.

This is a good place to go if you don't want to go to middletown, but I wouldn't recommend this place as a great mexican place, more like "i'm thankful there's something other than pizza" fare.

1  Thank SierraRose
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Restaurant is owned by a greek. Go figure. But he is a warm and funny host and the place is fun. The mexican food is OK for these parts, but the ribs are the best around, just fall off the bone delicious.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you want good Tex-Mex food this is the place. The ribs are realy good. The service is realy good. Exlent drinks.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Been here a few times and the food was good and portions were great also. Doesn't look like a mexican restaurant with its log cabin feel but you can't east the atmosphere. They do charge $1.50 for chips and salsa which they should do away with.