All reviews swimming pool mini fridge yogurt dean goats belltown phyllo restoring ct amenities property
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Bevin Inn. The room was exquisite and technological updates made it the perfect place to stay. Then I can’t even begin to say how amazing my breakfast was! I was served a beautiful fruit and yogurt dish and eggs Benedict that looked too beautiful too eat! But I’m sure glad I did! It was as delicious as it looked. My only regret was only staying one day. I had a lovely conversation with the owner over breakfast. I could have talked to him for hours he was so friendly and personable. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

The Bevin House offers an amazing experience. The house is impressive (former residence of the Bevin family, owners of the local bell factory) and restored with beautiful details. The hanging liberty glass lamps are amazing! The garden is beautiful and certainly a wonderful place to relax in warmer times. Goats kept in the back of the yard! The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. Beds comfortable with lovely bed linen. The hosts are caring and friendly. They gave us a lot of useful tips (restaurant, walk etc). Breakfast was good. Best fruit salad I’ve ever had. A reason to go to East Hampton. Once you’re there don’t miss the covered bridge and go for a walk along the Salmon river!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Attended a fun wine concert at Priam Vineyards and was looking for an inn for the night. The attention to detail in the restoration of this magnificent home was incredible! The beautiful swimming pool and state of the art bathroom (private in philo room) added to our luxurious stay. Innkeeper and owners were very welcoming! A great staycation in this part of CT.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The revitilized 1872 Bevin House Victorian Mansion provided me with very pleasant, visually compelling, and comfortable accommodations for at least five nights this year. I found it to be an elegant and charming way to travel back in time when Bevin Bros Manufacturing and 30 other East Hampton CT companies led the world in the production of high quality bells, of all kinds, since 1832.
I loved "living in the history" of my original home town. I slept extremely well and could not wait to start the day the next beautiful morning.

The Innkeeper is an extraordinary talent delivering the best in hospitality and great food.
The owners balance a very busy schedule of entertaining guests while provding significant community service.

Room tip: All rooms feature period decorations and furnishings. The views are of elegant beautiful grounds and property.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Booked an overnight here for a visit with one of my sisters who was in CT for the summer. From the large wrought iron gates that swing open majestically on your arrival, to the fresh baked cookies and brownies under glass in the living room, this new B&B is delightful.

From what I can gather the historic home was renovated into a B&B only about a year ago and every detail was meticulously addressed. We reserved the large "Philo" room at the top of the house with the king sized bed, en suite bathroom (with heated tile floors, walk-in waterfall shower and comfy bathrobes) and its own mini fridge. All the amenities are here, but there are great little touches (the skeleton room keys are original to the house) that make you feel you've stepped into a bit of the 19th century (the house was built in 1872) making it charming and romantic.

Inside there's a fully-stocked wonderful library (with nice touches like antique cameras, music boxes and spy glasses) a full service modern kitchen (for caterers it would be a dream) and a large dining room for breakfasts.

Outside, a large wrap-around porch, a swimming pool, and a picturesque barn complete with a couple of friendly goats.

Our hostess, Meghan, was friendly and efficient and served us a wonderful breakfast of yogurt and fruit, a delicious frittata, and coffee & tea. We finished our coffee on the back porch after making the acquaintance at breakfast of a nice woman from Italy who was traveling with her teenage daughter.

A few things to note if you're considering these lodgings: all six guest rooms are either on the second or third floors so it may not provide the most convenient accommodations for the elderly or disabled. Second, this area of Connecticut is fairly quiet, although there are some beautiful state parks nearby (Gillette Castle) and the East Saddam Opera House is known for its musical theater and the shows that preview there before heading to Broadway. It is a nice restful place for a weekend getaway and would be perfect for wedding or baby showers or reunions.

Excited that it's there and will definitely try to go back. Kudos to the owner for his hard work and vision.

Room tip: Some rooms you have to share a bathroom on the same floor with other guests, European style.
Date of stay: July 2018