“Takes the B&B experience to a whole new level!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boardman House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Haddam
Boardman House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 East Haddam B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Takes the B&B experience to a whole new level!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on a Mother-Daughter trip, and could not have picked a better place! The rooms were luxurious, beautifully decorated in the period, and yet stylishly modernized right down to the towel warmer in the bathroom! The room and bed were extremely comfortable. Mia's ability to provide privacy while making you feel right at home is a true art. She was delightful to talk to, and referred us to several great shops and restaurants in the surrounding areas. We would definately go back here. The only negative I can offer is that staying here will definately make it difficult to stay at any other B&B! I don't think any other Bed & Breakfast can possibly compare to this one!
N Corrigan, San Antonio, Texas

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

There are so many positive things to say about staying at the Boardman House: the sense of history of this beautiful B&B; the wonderful antiques, complemented by the excellent up-to-date en-suites; and the high attention to detail in all the spaces you use. But more than anything else, it is the gracious and considerate care provided by Andre and Mia that make every stay special - I feel like I've been invited into their home as a personal friend, as well as a guest!

Great place, great people... and I can't wait until my next stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
cranston, Rhode Island, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

After staying at another nearby bed and breakfast last year, I was looking for something a little nicer and more modern for our trip this year. Words can't describe what an amazing job Andre and Mia did in creating a gorgeous and elegantly updated room while maintaining that cozy feel of an old-fashioned bed and breakfast. Though I was traveling with my six-year old daughter, they went out of their way to make us both feel like princesses. Waking up to a beautifully set table in their immense and impeccably designed dining room just steps outside of our room, left me wishing we could stay forever! I am already looking forward to our next visit at our special escape in East Haddam!

• Stayed November 2010
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

East Haddam is where the Goodspeed Opera House is located, famous for musical productions. The Boardman B&B is a perfect place to stay in relation to attending the theatre and enjoying local attractions in East Haddam and other, nearby Connecticut River Valley towns. The Boardman B&B is within walking distance to the theatre and resturants in the vicinity. My wife and I stayed at the Boardman B&B recently in relation to attending a production at the Goodspeed and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Mia, the proprietress of the Boardman B&B, has created with her husband a truly remarkable establishment that is comfortable, with grand bedrooms reminiscent of Victorian times and charm. Our bed was perfect, our bathroom luxurious, our beakfast just right, our stay could not have been better.
Graham and Lynne Morgan, Wrentham, MA

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Grove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

Best B&B ever! Beautifully renovated and pristine clean. The owners are a delightful couple, and it was a pleasure to talk with them. The only downside was the lackluster breakfast, though decent enough. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again or recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this charming bed and breakfast for one night for our 19th wedding anniversary. The garden room was lovely and everything inside was new...including a plush king size bed. The inn keeper, Mia, was friendly and very helpful. We wanted to watch a DVD so she got us a player right away. We had a terrific breakfast in a beautiful dining room the following morning. Mia and Andre made sure we were comfortable and happy. The location is also excellent with dining within walking distance, about one minute away, and some great attractions like the Goodspeed Opera House (right down the street) and the Gillette Castle, a quick drive away, and definitely worth the visit. You can also go to Essex and visit the steam train and riverboat cruise, just 15 minutes away. The town of Essex is fun to walk around in too. We definitely plan on coming back and staying at the Boardman House!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

My wife and I spent our anniversary weekend at The Boardman House in the eponymous Boardman Room and it was absolutely perfect!

The house has been newly and beautifully renovated with a deft attention to details that really makes your stay feel luxurious--such as the remote-control for an inaccessible window shade--while staying true to the architecture. It is located just a few houses away from the Goodspeed Opera House, the Connecticut River, and several restaurants so you have everything you need in one place. But, there is plenty more to do in the surrounding area as well.

The innkeepers, Andre and Mia, were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ample and delicious. (Don't miss out on Mia's freshly baked bread!) The price was right. In short, if you're looking for a B&B in the area around Goodspeed, you can't do better than Boardman House. We'll definitely be staying again!

I realize I don't have any negative criticism, but it really was that good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
The Copper Beech Inn
#1 of 2 in Ivoryton
Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast
Bee and Thistle Inn and Lounge

Been to Boardman House Inn? Share your experiences!