“Crepes and Omelets that are second to none”
Review of Perk On Main

Perk On Main
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crepes and Omelets that are second to none”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The crepes are what you come for, but the rest of the menu is why you come back. Everyone has their favorites (mine is the Provence D'Lite). The coffee is superb, and owner Melissa makes the place special. A real treat.

Visited January 2013

“Used to be so much better”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food has gotten progressively worse in the last two years. They can throw together a better egg and cheese at a diner for half the price. I have no problem waiting for my food but not if the time it takes to make it doesn't match the quality.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed all around”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been here several times over the past year and a half and usually really enjoy the food and service. Today was the worst service and experience i have ever had at Perk.
First off the coffee area was not stocked. No creamer/milk or sugar at all so we had to ask for refills. Got our food and realized we didn't receive the potatoes that usually come with the meals. When asked we found out they didn't have any cooked and weren't offered an alternatives but were still charged the original price. During our meal we realized that the building was being over ridden with bugs (flies and a huge Bee). Although the food was decent, what we actually received anyways, we are very disappointed with the quality and service we have received today. It seems as if the staff that were working just don't care anymore and are really just there to hang out and chat with one another.
It may be a very long time before I return to Perk on Main in Durham based solely on today's experience. It's just sad that this cute little place seems to have given up on their quality.

• Visited August 2012
northford
“bad dirty and unprofessional”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have had anything but a great experience at this cute little place, The kid behind the register was on her phone reading a txt while I waited to be adked for my order and It is dirty~ I saw the girl who looked like she needed a hairnet cooking ground beef next to my eggs on the same griddle then used the spatula to turn over some other item she was contaminating. The floor is dirty and when I sat on the sofa the dirt in between the seats was unbearable. I will never stop there again.

• Visited April 2012
“Don't Go Here!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I almost never write a bad review. ALMOST. We tried Perk on Main today and I will never go back. We arrived a little after 10 AM, read the menu, and placed our order at 10:15 (it's on the receipt). We got a table and waited for our food to arrive. It literally took 25 minutes for 3 breakfast orders to arrive, and 2 of them were wrong. We ordered 2 egg and cheese burritos (I don't eat beef or pork) and they both arrived with bacon in them. I would have sent it back, but I didn't wan't to wait another 25 minutes, so I removed the bacon. These came with potatoes. Potaotes are cheap, and they served the smallest portion of potatoes I have ever seen. Our friend ordered a Swiss Chalet crepe, which he enjoyed.

Even if they hadn't screwed up our order, and even if we didn't have to wait 25 minutes, it wasn't anything special. Cute website, nice menu, but it sure didn't deliver on its promise!

• Visited March 2012

Been to Perk On Main? Share your experiences!