“Food is really good. Building is pretty bad”
Review of Whistle Stop

Whistle Stop
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Deep River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cute little eatery with lots of interesting food choices. We serve organic and farm fresh meals that are creative and nourishing to the soul! Kid love the kids meals and we cater to vegetarians-vegans. We go to the regional market ourselves to insure the products are the fresh and straight from the farm. We have an extensive black board that features and describes healing teas that change with each season. Each season we offer a class on Energetics of Food based on Traditional Chinese Medicine that will forever change the way you look at each meal! Once a month we do a dinner for charity. 100% of the funds go to do clean potable water projects around the world and Hedy (the owner) travels to many of these locations with Rotary clubs. If you are looking for decadent sweets our Cinnamon bun French toast or stuffed pancakes are amazing! We would love to cook for you so I hope you will stop by on your next travels! Peace and happy eating!
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Very good food, creative menu, o k service. Place needs a good cleanin and fresh paint. The plastic placemats/menus have to go. Not the cleanest. Not going back till I hear it's had a facelift

2  Thank Shellsnob

Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The food is good, nice atmosphere. Small place, with outdoor seating in good weather. Many interesting eggs Benedict options highlight the menu for me. Also- creative omlets and waffle dishes.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

In my opinion, the Whistle Stop is the place to go if you want delicious food creatively prepared. One never knows what Hedy will have on her 'specials' list and all items I have ordered have been real tasty experiences..never a bad meal.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Fantastic find! If you are in Deep River this is a must have. I enjoyed a tasty Reuben which was designed to perfection. I try Reuben sandwiches everywhere and this one tops the charts. Great Chef/Owner who makes the experience a real treat! Check it out!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Near the old piano factory in the unprepossessing Connecticut River town of Deep River, the Whistle Stop is serving absolutely extraordinary breakfasts. Omelettes and creative variations on eggs benedict are their specialty. I enjoyed a portobello with sage stuffing under two perfectly-poached eggs with hollandaise and a side of home fries. My wife had an amazing omelette with chorizo and vegetables. Patrons on a Saturday morning included seekers of great dining experiences like us and a passle of locals. Staff was sweet as can be. Proprietress talks and talks, but she's entertaining, not overbearing -- heard a lot about Buddhist monks and pressure-point therapies and many other topics. Maybe 14 seats in the place, and you get to restrooms by going outside and around back. There are places I will not drive past in CT without stopping, including Pepe's in New Haven for pizza - add the Whistle Stop to that list.

1  Thank highway_song