“Great service and Lunch!”
Review of Darien Social - CLOSED

Darien Social
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Post Rd
Transit: Train station directly across from the restaurant.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just had a very nice lunch.The server (maybe Kara)was extemely efficient and stopped by on a regular basis to check in.My first time here.Very clean and hip atmosphere,although the music could have been a little lower for lunch.Had the veggie wrap and a salad.Very Good,and will return.

There are newer reviews for Darien Social

Reviewed January 30, 2013

When you come into the front door, there is a sign with a finger pointing to go ahead. The hostess is in the middle of the restaurant. We stood there for awhile trying to figure out what we were supposed to do. Finally the bartender acknowledged us and told us to go straight ahead into the restaurant to see the hostess. There was a large table right at the entrance with children having a party. They were blocking the way and we had to step over them to get into the restaurant. We were seated and given menus. The waiter was nice and attentive. He took our order and asked us if we wanted bread. We said yes and he came back with 2 small cubes of bread on a plate in olive oil. My husband and I looked at each other puzzled. He asked me if those were the croutons for his soup. I said I think that is our bread. The crab bisque was good as was the french onion soup. He had the short rib which was very a small portion with vegetables and came without a starch. He ordered a side of mashed potatoes which was extra. I had the fish and chips with the housemade fries. The fish was flakey and delicious but very greasy. The fries were inedible. They were so greasy. For dessert we ordered the strawberry shortcake. It was on the sweet side for me, but my husband liked it. There was not enough strawberries for it to be called strawberry shortcake. The beer selection is awesome. They have a nice selection on tap and have Pork Slap in cans. I love Pork Slap! Both of us agreed that we might go back and sit at the bar and try a burger, but only if we don't get those awful fries again. We both felt that it was not worth it.

1  Thank beachgirl7651
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The restraint itself was nice but food was way over priced for portion sizes. Steak frittes - steak was good, fries were great but the apple dessert left something to be desired.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to Darien social with 5 friends after work for there new happy hour specials 1/2 off beer and pizza which is great. We hung out at the bar for 2 hours and then got a table, service was fun but professional, the food was great we go some small plates like pork belly and duck confit, tons of wings, we can't wait to come back.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Another good choice along "restaurant row" in downtown Darien. Good appetizers and drinks . Come early for the bar scene and later if you want a quieter more intimate dinner.