“Dependable”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Old fashion Italian food. They know what their strength is and stick to it. A family restaurant. The always full dining room is a testament to the quality of the meal. Service can lag when really crowded. All in all, hard to ever be disappointed at Papa Joes.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have known Joe for many years. My family and I go there exclusively for family functions and get togethers. Just went there with a couple from Fairfield. As always the service was great and the food even better. Their appetizers are amazing, Salads are fresh. Entrees are generous as is their specials. I had short ribs over home made pasta as well as Seafood over lobster risotto. In the past I have had swordfish and prince edward muscles.
The desserts are homemade. He is an amazing chef that cares about his food and his clients.
Every person I bring there raves about how good his restaurant is.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

the quality and portions are great. I've been at least 15 times and every time the food taste is consistant not like the new trendy Italian places. it is a must go for Italian cuisine. great friendly staff, great environment and most of all AMAZING food

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I come to this restaurant for 10 years already. The food is always delicious. Very friendly people. Everybody in the restaurant knows each other. Papa Joe is the best man I ever met! I will recommend to all my friends!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner here while on a road trip up the east coast. We were tired, we were hungry, and we were in Darien. Just pulled into the parking lot and were welcomed with open arms at Papa Joe's. Beautiful arugula salads, excellent pizza, delicious mussels and best of all, incredibly perfect Italian bread (straight from the Bronx, according to our server). We got great service and left very satisfied and happy we had lucked upon this very nice restaurant. Lots of families having good times as we left.