“Great Spot for Fresh Oysters and Fish”
Review of Ten Twenty Post

Ten Twenty Post
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Darien
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took my out-of-town parents here for an early Saturday dinner and feel lucky to have discovered a real gem of a restaurant! Loved the open, modern décor and easy to find location. We started by sharing a platter of the east coast oyster offerings which were so fresh and tasty! Great selection of simply prepared fish either grilled or pan seared with a choice of three sauces. I had the trout with a perfectly silky beurre-blanc and my husband enjoyed his haddock with the soy ginger! Service was very professional, we will be back!

There are newer reviews for Ten Twenty Post

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been going here since it opened. It's a fun hip spot in town but the food tonight was very mediocre. I can't say I'll be returning soon.

1  Thank Tobyco
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked an afternoon reservation on a Saturday for four and it was quite lovely in a traditional way. Some reviewers have this pegged as a very trendy place, but since I have not been there for the the nightlife, I'll just comment on my afternoon get-together.

I had Eggs Benedict sitting on a crab cake topped with sauteed spinach and southwestern style home fries and it was very, very good. That was $16, which, I agree is quite expensive even if there are two eggs. Everything was very fresh, the wait staff was cordial and attentive and the overall experience was a happy one. The main theme was Mother's Day. so lots of little kids running around yelling and generally causing mayhem. I happen to love the sound of children laughing so I enjoyed the 'John Cage' experience especially the two Japanese 2-year-old girls in pink tu-tu's running around like little speedsters. How precious is that?

I think this place use to be the Black Goose restaurant. If I opened a restaurant with a bar I would name it something more catchy for people than numbers. It just seems a little lazy. I think the Red Bear would be good and have a giant stuffed reddish-brown bear at the entrance to cement the name of the place in people's minds. Just saying.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A friend recommended Ten Twenty Post when I was trying to find a good midpoint between Stamford and Norwalk and I was not disappointed. One of my favorite things on this earth is a great oyster and the oysters at Ten Twenty Post were wonderful!!! My colleague ordered the Filet and I ordered Short Ribs and both were also delicious. Not only did this restaurant have great food but the atmosphere is also chic but comfortable. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This has been a place of gone to probably at least 6 or 7 times a year for at least the last 3 years. I hadn't been since summer and went last Saturday. It was good to see all the same servers there which is a good sign. The menu had changed since I was last there and I was very sorry to see the steak sandwich was gone. We shared a lot of apps and I didn't think any of them were particularly notable in either a good or bad way although saying that the rock shrimp had a strong taste of the oil they were cooked in.
Since the steak sandwich wasn't on the menu I had steak frites and maybe made the bad choice of NY strip over fillet. I actually found it impossible to eat. It was so tough. I took it to go after tasting maybe 4 bites. I was surprised the waitress didnt ask about it. Fries were overly salty too. Now saying all of these 2 others at my party ordered the same thing and ate all of theirs so I don't know if mine was different or I'm overly fussy - which I'm not usually. Honestly mine wasn't nice. We didn't have desert. Lots of cocktails and wines. Service otherwise was good. I won't be rushing back based on this experience yet know at some point I will end up there again. Would prob go for lunch or brunch over dinner.