“Trendy Darien bar and restaurant?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ten Twenty Post
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“Trendy Darien bar and restaurant?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked an afternoon reservation on a Saturday for four and it was quite lovely in a traditional way. Some reviewers have this pegged as a very trendy place, but since I have not been there for the the nightlife, I'll just comment on my afternoon get-together.

I had Eggs Benedict sitting on a crab cake topped with sauteed spinach and southwestern style home fries and it was very, very good. That was $16, which, I agree is quite expensive even if there are two eggs. Everything was very fresh, the wait staff was cordial and attentive and the overall experience was a happy one. The main theme was Mother's Day. so lots of little kids running around yelling and generally causing mayhem. I happen to love the sound of children laughing so I enjoyed the 'John Cage' experience especially the two Japanese 2-year-old girls in pink tu-tu's running around like little speedsters. How precious is that?

I think this place use to be the Black Goose restaurant. If I opened a restaurant with a bar I would name it something more catchy for people than numbers. It just seems a little lazy. I think the Red Bear would be good and have a giant stuffed reddish-brown bear at the entrance to cement the name of the place in people's minds. Just saying.

• Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great oyster bar...a real gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended Ten Twenty Post when I was trying to find a good midpoint between Stamford and Norwalk and I was not disappointed. One of my favorite things on this earth is a great oyster and the oysters at Ten Twenty Post were wonderful!!! My colleague ordered the Filet and I ordered Short Ribs and both were also delicious. Not only did this restaurant have great food but the atmosphere is also chic but comfortable. I will definitely be back.

CT
“I'm not sure it's as good as it used to be?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This has been a place of gone to probably at least 6 or 7 times a year for at least the last 3 years. I hadn't been since summer and went last Saturday. It was good to see all the same servers there which is a good sign. The menu had changed since I was last there and I was very sorry to see the steak sandwich was gone. We shared a lot of apps and I didn't think any of them were particularly notable in either a good or bad way although saying that the rock shrimp had a strong taste of the oil they were cooked in.
Since the steak sandwich wasn't on the menu I had steak frites and maybe made the bad choice of NY strip over fillet. I actually found it impossible to eat. It was so tough. I took it to go after tasting maybe 4 bites. I was surprised the waitress didnt ask about it. Fries were overly salty too. Now saying all of these 2 others at my party ordered the same thing and ate all of theirs so I don't know if mine was different or I'm overly fussy - which I'm not usually. Honestly mine wasn't nice. We didn't have desert. Lots of cocktails and wines. Service otherwise was good. I won't be rushing back based on this experience yet know at some point I will end up there again. Would prob go for lunch or brunch over dinner.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great lively atmosphere combined with reliably good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great choice for meeting friends at the bar or a dinner. Food has really something for everyone and having ordered most things on the menu , you will not be disappointed . Like most places in Fairfield County , this is an early crowd.

Connecticut
“The place to see & be seen in Darien”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Has become the spot for the in crowd of the 30's & 40 yr olds. Food good but at a higher price point than other places in Darien. Service always excellent.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ten Twenty Post? Share your experiences!