“Very comfortable and relaxing.”

Residence Inn Danbury
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked a room as a surprise for my boyfriend on valentine day. I checked in at 3 pm the lady at the front desk was very friendly and answered all my questions and concerns. The room was absolutely amazing. It was a whirlpool studio equipped with a kitchen a small living room area and a separate bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and smelled very clean. My overall experience was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel. One downside about the hotel was that it was suppose to be a non smoking facility. When I was walking out to go to dinner the hallway reeked of the smell of weed. It was not very pleasant.. The non smoking policy inside the building should be enforced to ensure a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Danbury

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Danbury for a couple of nights while in CT. The room I had was a one-bedroom studio suite. It was a very nice, clean room. The hotel staff was friendly and the free breakfast and dinners weren't bad either. Of course, you could always walk next door or drive around the block to get something else.

The hotel was very quiet mostly with little noises experienced at night. The days I were there the hotel had little vacancy and I still had plenty of peace and quiet in my room.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We love the Residence Inn chain and try to stay there whenever we can. This one had all the usual amenities, but be aware that it is about to undergo renovations (beginning January 2013), so you may want to call first to determine the status of that before you book. The location next to the mall is very convenient, we were there during a big snowstorm and were still able to take advantage of the shopping and large kid's play area (with carousel!). But aside from the mall it is a bit remote, not especially near any tourist attractions.

Room Tip: the rear of the hotel overlooks the highway so if you are sensitive to noise you may want to request...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a nice hotel near the Danbury Fair (mall). Although within walking distance, there are limited sidewalks on the way. Nevertheless, the hotel has a shuttle that can take you there and bring you back at no cost. I only became aware of this after talking to a friend that had also been at this hotel. She also mentioned the shuttle took her to our company´s office and got her back later on.
The rooms are large, with an integrated kitchen. The only drawback was that the refrigerator in my room was noisy and I had to turn it off (I was not using it anyway)
The rooms have WiFi and cable internet. I used cable and the connection speed was very good.
Site staff is very attentive.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I go back to Danbury.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I arrived late and left early.The room was clean and comfortable .The bed was extremely comfortable.I left early .but the front desk person asked me if I wanted to take some food with me even though t was leaving an hour before there breakfast hour.I elected not to but was impressed at how accomodating he was..Based on my short experience I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

As a consultant on an extended assignment away from my Texas home, I find the Residence Inn in Danbury to be the perfect place to feel safe, secure, and always being cared for friends! the staff are great and constant;y attendant to customer needs. I've had the opportunity to observe them in many situations (Hurricane Sandy, and a Blizzard a week later). Everyone of them is always pleasant and helpful. The location is ideal - close to great resturants and a fantastic Mall

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We know all too well how difficult it can be working away from home for an extended period of time. I couldn't agree with you more about our Staff; they go above and beyond to make sure our guests feel at home. I am so happy to know you were comfortable and our Staff made you feel at home! I hope if your work brings you back to the Danbury, CT area you will come and visit us again!

Warm Regards:
Zaldy Cordova

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We paid over $200 with an AAA discount to stay in a queen suite with a pullout bed. There were two very small, connected rooms with outdated appliances and two HD TVs with limited channels. Pullout couch sheets were clean. Besides the complete overpriced room (which we should've gotten for $120-$150), the woman at the counter was friendly and helpful. Market in lobby where you can charge small waters or sodas to room. With our room being right on the road, we continually were awakened by the cars racing by and the loud machine in the closet of the bedroom. Temperature wouldn't maintain steadiness and became either very hot or somewhat cold when set to 68 degrees. Nice staff, but poor quality room for price.

• Stayed: November 2012