“Comfortable stay near WCSU”

Residence Inn Danbury
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I recently attended a gathering of the Dalai Lama at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury. The Residence Inn seemed closest to the University and it was a good choice. The staff was hospitable from the moment we arrived. The price is excellent. The rooms are clean although there is a smell of cleaning products. Unfortunately the night we stayed there, there was construction that could be heard from the bedroom all night long. Our room also faced the highway which is probably where the construction came from. Had we known, we would have asked for a room facing the entrance road which is very quiet at night. We had dinner at Chuck's restaurant next door which is excellent. Highly recommend eating there. It is a steak and seafood restaurant. Breakfast in the morning at the hotel is standard suites type selection. All in all it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Love Residence Inns suites - more space, kitchens, & very good breakfasts. Nice pool & whirlpool. Conveniently located off highway, and a stone's throw from Mall if that interests you. Good value compared to some hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the great tripadvisor reviews and it did not disappoint! The front desk staff was friendly. Our room was spacious and clean, it was on the top floor as requested and it was QUIET. The bed was comfortable and I didn't hear a peep from our neighbors.
I don't have anything else to comment on. We missed out on our free breakfast, because we slept in (which is saying something, because I can't remember the last time I slept in at a hotel...I don't think I ever have)! Our only regret was that we couldn't stay more than one night!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Kimochi11:
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay. I'm so pleased to read you were satisfied with our accommodations, overall cleanliness and were able to have a restful night sleep. Most importantly, I am happy to learn our Staff met your expectations as they are our biggest asset. I will be sharing your comments with our entire Team. I hope you will come back to visit if you are in the Danbury area again, and hopefully you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet too!

Zaldy Cordova

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hotel is located in a convenient location, close to the I-84, and yet it is nothing like many of those eerie off-the-freeway hotels. The hotel surroundings paint a very safe picture, specially for young single women travelers like me.

The beds are comfy, and the bathroom had heated tiles too, the room was clean, there were many guests at the hotel and was probably a full house - so you may want to ensure reservations before hand!

If you are a vegetarian like me, then you will need a 5minute drive to Mill Plain Road, where there are a lot of restaurants to choose from.

I had a wonderful sleep, and thankfully if there were any traffic on the adjacent Interstate, it certainly made no noise :-)

The staff, including the front desk, was courteous and helpful.

All in all, a pleasant and comfortable stay. I can't comment on the other hotels in Danbury, but the Residence Inn was definitely worth the extra dollar!

Room Tip: For those traveling alone, like single women, it would be prudent to ask for a room on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Joy N
Reviewed September 5, 2012

front desk staff very helpful. rooms spacious and clean. enjoyed the breakfast. the kids spent ages in the pool and i the hot tub.

great location was able to walk to the mall.

would definately stay here again

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn in August 2012 while on a road trip from Vermont to Virginia. All of the staff were helpful. Warm snacks in the evening, and a hot breakfast in the morning were quite good. Free wi-fi and parking, and convenient access from the freeway. My wife used the pool and exercise room in the evening and gave it good marks. Residence Inns need to be updated (not just this one), but otherwise our room was fine - ample and clean. My only issue, which is minor, is that they did not provide a copy of my bill under the door or on the door handle, like most places do.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank va_trailrunner
whgecomm, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear billyclyde:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read you found not only our accommodations and services but our Staff, to be helpful and met your needs. I hope your road trip was an enjoyable trip! Please come back and visit us if you are traveling in or through the Danbury area!

Barri Bialko
Director of Sales

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were traveling from Maine to New Jersey and needed to stop overnight. We found our room at
this Residence Inn to be clean and comfortable. We had plenty of room to park our SUV and
our car trailer. The Inn is right off of Rt 84 and easy to locate. There is a very good restaurant
right next to the Inn. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. There is a nice continental breakfast in the morning.This will be our stop the next time we make the same trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple