“Great night's sleep!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Danbury

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Inn Danbury
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Long Island
“Great night's sleep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the great tripadvisor reviews and it did not disappoint! The front desk staff was friendly. Our room was spacious and clean, it was on the top floor as requested and it was QUIET. The bed was comfortable and I didn't hear a peep from our neighbors.
I don't have anything else to comment on. We missed out on our free breakfast, because we slept in (which is saying something, because I can't remember the last time I slept in at a hotel...I don't think I ever have)! Our only regret was that we couldn't stay more than one night!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Kimochi11:
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay. I'm so pleased to read you were satisfied with our accommodations, overall cleanliness and were able to have a restful night sleep. Most importantly, I am happy to learn our Staff met your expectations as they are our biggest asset. I will be sharing your comments with our entire Team. I hope you will come back to visit if you are in the Danbury area again, and hopefully you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet too!

Zaldy Cordova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hotel is located in a convenient location, close to the I-84, and yet it is nothing like many of those eerie off-the-freeway hotels. The hotel surroundings paint a very safe picture, specially for young single women travelers like me.

The beds are comfy, and the bathroom had heated tiles too, the room was clean, there were many guests at the hotel and was probably a full house - so you may want to ensure reservations before hand!

If you are a vegetarian like me, then you will need a 5minute drive to Mill Plain Road, where there are a lot of restaurants to choose from.

I had a wonderful sleep, and thankfully if there were any traffic on the adjacent Interstate, it certainly made no noise :-)

The staff, including the front desk, was courteous and helpful.

All in all, a pleasant and comfortable stay. I can't comment on the other hotels in Danbury, but the Residence Inn was definitely worth the extra dollar!

Room Tip: For those traveling alone, like single women, it would be prudent to ask for a room on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joy N
Derby, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

front desk staff very helpful. rooms spacious and clean. enjoyed the breakfast. the kids spent ages in the pool and i the hot tub.

great location was able to walk to the mall.

would definately stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
eastern US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn in August 2012 while on a road trip from Vermont to Virginia. All of the staff were helpful. Warm snacks in the evening, and a hot breakfast in the morning were quite good. Free wi-fi and parking, and convenient access from the freeway. My wife used the pool and exercise room in the evening and gave it good marks. Residence Inns need to be updated (not just this one), but otherwise our room was fine - ample and clean. My only issue, which is minor, is that they did not provide a copy of my bill under the door or on the door handle, like most places do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank va_trailrunner
whgecomm, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear billyclyde:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read you found not only our accommodations and services but our Staff, to be helpful and met your needs. I hope your road trip was an enjoyable trip! Please come back and visit us if you are traveling in or through the Danbury area!

Barri Bialko
Director of Sales
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were traveling from Maine to New Jersey and needed to stop overnight. We found our room at
this Residence Inn to be clean and comfortable. We had plenty of room to park our SUV and
our car trailer. The Inn is right off of Rt 84 and easy to locate. There is a very good restaurant
right next to the Inn. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. There is a nice continental breakfast in the morning.This will be our stop the next time we make the same trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have been staying at this Residence Inn for over a month now. The property is great. The rooms are spacious and the floor plans are well thought out. A renovation team was here during my stay, so it looks like there will be updates coming soon. The property is almost walking distance from the mall, and is located very close to I-84, making it a breeze to find.

The reason for the 5 stars is that the staff is simply wonderful. Great job to Lori and her team. I have not had a single encounter with anyone on staff that was not top notch. In particular, Janice and Ed are stars! Janice is like the kindly mother everyone needs to have while on the road, and Ed has never once steered me wrong with his great dinner recommendations. Lori helped me navigate through a difficult situation while I was here, and made me feel like I was her one and only customer.

I absolutely recommend this Residence Inn for anyone staying in the Danbury, CT area.

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet. Pool is located on the Lower Level. Option of a 1-Bedroom Suite (which...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the nicer Residence Inns we have stayed in before. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We booked a room last minute and they were very accommodating and gave us a good rate. In the morning, we left before breakfast started. The front desk employee made sure we grabbed muffins, yogurt, and coffee for the road. I recommend this hotel if you are staying in Danbury!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear MalloryAM:
I'm so happy to read you had an enjoyable stay and experience at our Residence Inn in Danbury! I will be sharing your review with our Staff and glad they made sure you got something to eat before heading out for your day! I hope you will come back and visit us again, should your travels ever bring you back to the Danbury area!

Guest Relations Manager