“Needs Updating/Cleaning”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Mass
“Needs Updating/Cleaning”
Reviewed October 24, 2006

Book this hotel because husband was on a business trip and the other hotel we stayed at for one night had issues. This hotel has many issues....even being a smoker. The first room we were given had a broken TV, stain carpet, burn marks all over the place (never seen this much in any other hotels) changed room to almost the same..... ripped curtains, stained carpet, burn marks, no screens in windows. Cleaning is Lax. no one cleans under the bed and the corners......Will Not stay here again. This hotel needs to be updated and cleaned. AAA should not be listing this hotel....

• Tips/Secrets — don't stay
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fairy4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Stamford, CT
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My husband and I spent 1 night this past weekend at Maron Hotel and Suites and it was 1 night too many! We were there as part of a wedding party. I booked the room 6 weeks ago and requested a non-smoking room because I am very allergic to cigarette smoke. (It makes my eyes itch, nose run and worst of all, triggers my asthma). They told me no problem, we would be in a non-soking room.
We arrived and discovered we had been given a smoking room. It reeked of smoke and it was clear the smoke was in the fabrics, the carpet everything! I called the front desk immediately and explained the situation and asked for a new room. I was told too bad, they were booked up solid and they gave me some air freshner (whatever like that did anything!!!). I was told to speak to a manager in the morning and perhaps something could be done for us.
I had a terrible night. We had to sleep with the windows open in 30 degree weather. Not that that helped much and I had not brought my inhaler or allergy medication. The smoking issue is just the tip of the iceberg. Our room (#313) was GROSSSSSS. The carpet was dirty and stained and had cigarette burns all over it. The vanity in the bathroom was stained brown and cracked all over and there was NO drainage in the shower. ( the water was up to my shins by the time I got out ewwwww). I also found out from the groom that when they had been looking at hotels for their guests, they had been told by The maron that all of their rooms were going to be redone by their wedding (10/21/06). NOT!!!
The next morning upon check out I asked to speak with a manager as I had been instructed. I wasn't about to pay $110.00 for that room! Guess what. Despite doing what I'd been instructed to do, there was no manger there. I was told to put my complaint in writing and my card was charged. I have spoken to a manager by phone today and have been told they will take a look at the room, but cannot guarantee a refund. Oh here is another tidbit too. The bride and groom hosted a breakfast the next morning and requested a wakeup call. They never got their call and almost missed the entire thing. (Got there 15 minutes before the end and many people missed getting to see them off on their honeymoon and wish them well)
If anybody stays here make sure you are not in room #313!!
I will definitely never stay here again and will tell everyone I know not to either!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Marnica

Travelers are raving about these Danbury hotels

philadelphia, pa
Reviewed June 11, 2006

This hotel has good and bad points. Here are the good points: The 2-room suite was large...Bath and Body Works toiletries....there is a computer near the front desk with internet access for guiest to use, the bath was a whirlpool tub. And now for the bad: The hotel accepts pets but the pet rooms and the smoking rooms are one and the same...I saw 2 pet rooms and the carpets were filthy in both....the furnishings were sparse and what was there wasn't great....the rooms in the rear overlook I-84 so they can be noisy with the tractor-trailers...one of the front desk help was a little short....breakfast was adequate but have had much better continental breakfasts at other similar hotels. All in all, I think you barely get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane Z
Indianapolis
Reviewed December 12, 2005

Stayed for one night 12/01/05. Independent hotel that previously was a part of chain.

Conveniently located by interstate.

Breakfast buffet was fair at most. Limited number of items (it is free but I'd like a few more choices).

Front desk very helpful and held my multiple fedex packages until I checked in. Helped direct me to late night diner in Danbury.

Recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank bowdenj
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We stayed in a suite here 1 night. Nothing all that great, but adequate. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was very quiet, and there is a restaurant attached which is convenient.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2005

This was a nice clean hotel. The people were friendly and eager to please. The breakfast was decent. They had cereal,bagel, danish, cut up fruit, and hard boiled eggs. We were very pleased. I bid on priceline for a 2 1/2 star hotel for $70 and they gave me this one and said it was a 3 star. I did notice their was a sushi restaurant across the street for any other sushi lovers!

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Goshen, NY
Reviewed February 17, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights due to business. Booked it thru priceline. It was clean and very quiet....even with overnight road work during my last night. The free continental breakfast was just enough to start my day. Great coffee. My only observation, which did not effect me, was the lack of interest from one woman I would call the "hostess" who served no purpose but to read the paper & watch tv at the bar. One day there was another woman who was very attentive to various tasks. She also turned out to be my waitress/hostess the only night I dined at the restaurant. I was the only one in the restaurant. After an exhausting day, it was a pleasure to be catered to in a professional manner. My expections were low, but I was exhausted and didn't feel like venturing out. I was pleasantly surprised at the delicious meal. It was a pan seared red snapper with shrimp over the fish. The fish was fresh and it was mighty tasty. It definately put me in a relaxed state...great meal, great service and warm cozy atmosphere. Oh, did I mention it was a quick drive to the Danbury Fair Mall.....great for a quick shopping venture at a very nice mall.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business