“It will do in a pinch.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Maron Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“It will do in a pinch.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped here while we were moving cross-country. Yes, the people who work here are very nice, but.... You walk into the building and immediately notice how the whole place is soaked with cigarette smoke smell. Our non-smoking room wasn't quite so bad, but it had certainly been a smoking room at one point, given the cigarette burns around the bathroom sink. The carpet was incredibly stained, and in need of replacement. Otherwise, the room was clean; and thankfully the bathroom was probably the cleanest of all. We skipped on the breakfast (tried the coffee and it was horrible)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Simone T
Ray R, Management Company at Maron Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Simone T, I want to thank you for letting us know about your stay at our hotel. Your comments on cleanliness are greatly appreciated, Ari our Executive Housekeeper is a hard worker and does her best to ensure that all rooms are clean. We have made some changes to our breakfast, so please enjoy it the next time you are in our area.

Ray Rickards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in a great suite, upgraded by a very professional staff, who understands the meaning behind hospitality!! Truly felt like a home away from home.!! I'd recommend the Maron in a heartbeat. The Maron is the only independently owned Hotel in Danbury, and that definitely comes through while encountering their charming staff.

• Stayed August 2013
8 Thank victoria112
Dear victoria 112 - Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. We are happy to always make you feel at home.

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoyed the hospitality at the Maron Hotel. The rooms were exceptionally clean, spacious and
comfortable. The location is very convenient. It is near a large grocery story, multiple restaurants, including VIVO! Bar & Grill, which serves great food. I most definately recommend
this place if you are staying in the Danbury area.

Room Tip: If possible stay in an executive suite! Extremely large, has a jacuzzi or whirlpool bath, a walk-i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Lawrence L
Dear Lawrence L, Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your returning.
The Villages
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is only average but the price for the location was good. The included breakfast was the worst I have had recently on the road. Do not know if I would stay here again. The room was clean but the air conditioner was loud. The front desk was just okay.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank rsetter45
upstate NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here because it was in walking distance to the Ives Concert Center. I would not choose to stay here again. The rooms were clean, but old. Carpets were worn, chair had a rip in it, bed was old, air conditioning could not keep up. We booked and paid for a room with a kitchen, but the air conditioning wasn't working in that room, so we ended up with a room with no kitchen, which did look a little less tired, but we paid the same price for no kitchen. The room was acceptable though and was clean and did not have any bad odors. So I would only recommend staying here if you want to be in this location. The Hilton Garden Inn down the street, where we stayed the 2nd night after checking out a day early was the same price and way nicer.

Room Tip: Rooms with a kitchen are bigger, but appear to be a little more run down.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reeselis
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Maron hotel to for my sons graduation. I have traveled all of my life and been to many hotels and I must say that the Maron is a adequate stay. The hotel is clean, and it's located very conveniently around a fairly busy area. There are many stores and things to do if you would like to leave the premises. Although this isn't a luxury hotel, the front desk attendant made me feel very comfortable. I arrived on a Friday night after a long drive and was very pleased to talk to a very personable and delightful gentleman who checked me in. The next night I was having trouble with working my thermostat, I spoke to the same gentleman at the front desk (Joe) and he immediately came up to my room and showed me how to switch it on which was great. All hotels need a front desk gentleman like him. The hotel itself needs to be updated but Joe was a pleasure made me feel like I was at a luxury space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Ronald G
Poughquag
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I found the hotel staff to be very cooperative, Joe on the desk was great helping me with an early check in. Dinner in Vivo's was very good. The suites are large and spacious, great to have a small meeting in. Will definitely make this my hotel of choice when in the Danbury area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business