“Clean, but rooms need an upgrade”

Maron Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
upstate NY
“Clean, but rooms need an upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here because it was in walking distance to the Ives Concert Center. I would not choose to stay here again. The rooms were clean, but old. Carpets were worn, chair had a rip in it, bed was old, air conditioning could not keep up. We booked and paid for a room with a kitchen, but the air conditioning wasn't working in that room, so we ended up with a room with no kitchen, which did look a little less tired, but we paid the same price for no kitchen. The room was acceptable though and was clean and did not have any bad odors. So I would only recommend staying here if you want to be in this location. The Hilton Garden Inn down the street, where we stayed the 2nd night after checking out a day early was the same price and way nicer.

Room Tip: Rooms with a kitchen are bigger, but appear to be a little more run down.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reeselis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Maron hotel to for my sons graduation. I have traveled all of my life and been to many hotels and I must say that the Maron is a adequate stay. The hotel is clean, and it's located very conveniently around a fairly busy area. There are many stores and things to do if you would like to leave the premises. Although this isn't a luxury hotel, the front desk attendant made me feel very comfortable. I arrived on a Friday night after a long drive and was very pleased to talk to a very personable and delightful gentleman who checked me in. The next night I was having trouble with working my thermostat, I spoke to the same gentleman at the front desk (Joe) and he immediately came up to my room and showed me how to switch it on which was great. All hotels need a front desk gentleman like him. The hotel itself needs to be updated but Joe was a pleasure made me feel like I was at a luxury space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Ronald G
Poughquag
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I found the hotel staff to be very cooperative, Joe on the desk was great helping me with an early check in. Dinner in Vivo's was very good. The suites are large and spacious, great to have a small meeting in. Will definitely make this my hotel of choice when in the Danbury area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank trrbostn
Sherman, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were at a conference at this hotel and afterwards decided to go to the lounge for music and drinks. I must say, even though we only had drinks and french fries, this place is run professionally. Our waiter was Danny who was very attentive to our groups every need.He anticipated our every need and never made us feel rushed or being watched. We all enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere which included Friday Night Live Music as we debriefed our conference.
I think I may have just found my new place to sit, relax and listen to music. Definitely give this place a try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank TazRon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I never write reviews, but this time I feel compelled to do so. My room at this hotel was dated and uncomfortable, but the worst part about it was that the window overlooked the lobby, which was loud all night long. The only positive about this place was that the front desk clerk allowed me to check out early without a penalty. Thankfully I was able to get a room at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street for just a few dollars more. Go there instead ... it felt like a luxury hotel in comparison!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Jenji7

Travelers are raving about these Danbury hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I was planning a suprise for my boyfriend on valentine day, when I walked into the room it wasn't very pleasant. The carpets smelled like cigarettes although it was suppose to be a non smoking room. I stayed at the executive suite with a jacuzzi and a king sized bed. The bed didn't even look comfortable to lie in. The jacuzzi tub's appearance looked nice although we were not able to use it. The Maron hotel could be a nice place to stay at although it is very outdated. Some new renovations and new appliance and different colored comforters would definitely bring some life to the rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank SnaJid
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I just did check out after a three week business stay. Their king suites are spacious and gave me a good comfort of living. But it took me a couple of days to find out, how to operate the last century control devices of the air conditioning. It seems that even the staff does not know, how to operate them. If set properly, there is no problem to even heat up to 80 degrees. Maybe that is the problem and they do not tell the customers, because it could cost them some dollars, if everyone has a warm room. But that is only conspiracy.

The building must have been constructed for a luxury hotel once. It has a garage inside the house, which is accessible from the back side. Space their is limited, because they are also parking old broken cars there. But because many guests might not know about that facility I always found a parking lot close to the elevator, which did bring me directly to the 3rd floor, where I had my room. A great comfort in winter time!

My room was in better condition than the one that they showed me on my advance visit. No wall-papers hanging down. Sorry, I also did not find any bed bugs like some other guest did. One thing: behind the curtain they are storing an unused frame with a mosquito net. It has very sharp edges. You might hurt yourself, when you try to open the window. SO WATCH OUT. It already did damage parts of the nice curtain. This house has plenty of technical rooms. Why they cannot store things like this over there?

The breakfast is also a joke. Just white bagels and toast bread. They give boiled eggs. But take care! Sometimes I did catch also a raw one from that bowl. In the first days of my stay, they did serve also a few yummy sourdough bagels. But that service did run out. I was expecting a little bit more, as they have a fully equipped kitchen.

The business center has no scanner. Even there was no software on the computer. I had to download and install adobe reader and libre office to be able to do some basic things. I also did download an antivirus scanner, but did not find time to install it. Maybe the next guest can do it ;-). The wifi is good, but was only available in the front room of my suite. In the bed room it was to weak to be used with my smartphone. The line to the internet provider freezes many times during the day. I always had to phone the front desk, that they reset their devices. This was a BIG PROBLEM to me, as I have to do remote work on my customers network sometimes. In every laundromat I find better facility.

No washing machine for long-time guest is provided.
No towels in the spa.
Even the bill looks messy.

My suggestion:

PLEASE, DEAR OWNER OF THIS HOTEL, CHANGE THE MANAGEMENT IMMEDIATELY.

With a few inexpensive improvement that place can become a great hotel again. But if the run-down continues it will become worthless at all very soon.

Room Tip: central AC is in back of building. So I expect more noise over there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business