“Wonderful Wedding”

Maron Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Just wanted to let everyone know how pleased we were with the accommodations during our daughter's wedding weekend. The rooms were great and the shuttles - very helpful.

Everyone had a great time at the hotel! We had an after party and post-
nuptial brunch, the food was delicious and the service was excellent.

We appreciated the professionalism and attention to detail. It was a delight to stay at your hotel and we will recommend the Maron to anyone for any occassion.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank MustangJohn

Reviewed February 12, 2008

The staff was great in setting aside 14 room for myself and guest. They went out of there way.

Jack

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank MrJax
Reviewed April 18, 2007

This hotel is DISGUSTING!! (The 3 pictures shown do NOT look anything like the real thing!!!!!! This place is OLD, WORN & DIRTY.) They say that they are renovating all of the rooms -they LIE. By the way, when I was there someone was complaining about a dirty room, dirty sheets, and stopped up toilet and wanted to see the manager. Apparently the guest was told the previous day that the manager wasn't there and to come back the next day. Again on the second day the person was told that the manager wasn't there. I later over heard the front desk people talking and the manager WAS THERE BOTH DAYS. His policy is to refuse to speak with people and they NEVER refund money. (Note if you have a problem with a store or hotel, you should always complain IMMEDIATELY to your Credit Card Company. Usually they will intervene on your behalf. Also, if they get enough complaints they will drop the offending vendor.) The continental breakfast at the Maron is a joke. The fruit salad is old and slimy, the cereal jar looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. After having gotten "complimentary" shampoo & soap, I SWEAR, nothing was sealed and the labels were worn and there was spillage on the bottles. I'm fairly certain that they recycle their shampoos and soaps as well. . . I was discussing the lack of heat in the hotel with someone at breakfast who said that she'd actually seen evidence of bed bugs. I don't know if it was coincidence but I developed a skin rash the morning after I stayed there. I will NEVER EVER stay there again and I whole-heartedly discourage anyone else from staying there!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ManhattanTripster
Reviewed October 24, 2006

Book this hotel because husband was on a business trip and the other hotel we stayed at for one night had issues. This hotel has many issues....even being a smoker. The first room we were given had a broken TV, stain carpet, burn marks all over the place (never seen this much in any other hotels) changed room to almost the same..... ripped curtains, stained carpet, burn marks, no screens in windows. Cleaning is Lax. no one cleans under the bed and the corners......Will Not stay here again. This hotel needs to be updated and cleaned. AAA should not be listing this hotel....

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank fairy4
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My husband and I spent 1 night this past weekend at Maron Hotel and Suites and it was 1 night too many! We were there as part of a wedding party. I booked the room 6 weeks ago and requested a non-smoking room because I am very allergic to cigarette smoke. (It makes my eyes itch, nose run and worst of all, triggers my asthma). They told me no problem, we would be in a non-soking room.
We arrived and discovered we had been given a smoking room. It reeked of smoke and it was clear the smoke was in the fabrics, the carpet everything! I called the front desk immediately and explained the situation and asked for a new room. I was told too bad, they were booked up solid and they gave me some air freshner (whatever like that did anything!!!). I was told to speak to a manager in the morning and perhaps something could be done for us.
I had a terrible night. We had to sleep with the windows open in 30 degree weather. Not that that helped much and I had not brought my inhaler or allergy medication. The smoking issue is just the tip of the iceberg. Our room (#313) was GROSSSSSS. The carpet was dirty and stained and had cigarette burns all over it. The vanity in the bathroom was stained brown and cracked all over and there was NO drainage in the shower. ( the water was up to my shins by the time I got out ewwwww). I also found out from the groom that when they had been looking at hotels for their guests, they had been told by The maron that all of their rooms were going to be redone by their wedding (10/21/06). NOT!!!
The next morning upon check out I asked to speak with a manager as I had been instructed. I wasn't about to pay $110.00 for that room! Guess what. Despite doing what I'd been instructed to do, there was no manger there. I was told to put my complaint in writing and my card was charged. I have spoken to a manager by phone today and have been told they will take a look at the room, but cannot guarantee a refund. Oh here is another tidbit too. The bride and groom hosted a breakfast the next morning and requested a wakeup call. They never got their call and almost missed the entire thing. (Got there 15 minutes before the end and many people missed getting to see them off on their honeymoon and wish them well)
If anybody stays here make sure you are not in room #313!!
I will definitely never stay here again and will tell everyone I know not to either!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marnica
Reviewed June 11, 2006

This hotel has good and bad points. Here are the good points: The 2-room suite was large...Bath and Body Works toiletries....there is a computer near the front desk with internet access for guiest to use, the bath was a whirlpool tub. And now for the bad: The hotel accepts pets but the pet rooms and the smoking rooms are one and the same...I saw 2 pet rooms and the carpets were filthy in both....the furnishings were sparse and what was there wasn't great....the rooms in the rear overlook I-84 so they can be noisy with the tractor-trailers...one of the front desk help was a little short....breakfast was adequate but have had much better continental breakfasts at other similar hotels. All in all, I think you barely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane Z
Reviewed December 12, 2005

Stayed for one night 12/01/05. Independent hotel that previously was a part of chain.

Conveniently located by interstate.

Breakfast buffet was fair at most. Limited number of items (it is free but I'd like a few more choices).

Front desk very helpful and held my multiple fedex packages until I checked in. Helped direct me to late night diner in Danbury.

Recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business