“Off rt 84” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Off rt 84”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were pressed to get a place to stay on a ride home from MD when we found this place. The rooms were clean, breakfast was fair..just enough to get you going. We had a inside room and it was quiet. The lobby was muggy but the AC in the room cooled it down real quick. No complaints from the 2 of us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ed s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel has changed hands a number of time in the past. I'm not sure why properties here don't last as the location whilst a little out of the way isn't that bad.

From the outside the hotel doesn't look that bad. It's odd that it's next to a supermarket but that's also a convenience. Inside the hotels past starts to show. The lobby is clean, the stairs show the hotel is in disrepair. From the outside at the back of the hotel, the lack of care shows.

Check-in was slow, the clerk was quite friendly. As someone else noted, they want to make a copy of your driver's license. This is a bad start.

The room itself was pleasant, clean, tidy, and reasonably laid out. If only the hotel could deliver beyond that basic item.

Breakfast is a joke. A few packets of wretched oatmeal (I like oatmeal, but flavored oatmeal? - disgusting), some horrid looking muffins, white - I kid you not - white bread, and hard-boiled eggs. Oh yes, terrible coffee.

The bar has a happy hour, it's mostly empty. The barman or manager, not sure who, was rude and confrontational when I went to enquire as to what they had on offer for happy hour.

The worst part is the noise. I'd rather sleep in a train station, it would have been quieter. At 11 PM, 12 PM, 1, even 2 in the morning there were people running around the halls and sitting in the lobby screaming, making noise, calling to each other. I'll say that again, even at 2 in the morning people were yammering and hollering in the lobby and the desk staff couldn't care less. I complained one night and it was quietened, the same thing happened the next night. Such lack of consideration for their guests sums up the attitude and quality of this hotel.

I hope not to return to the Maron.

Room Tip: As far away from the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Danbury hotels

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Booked even after reading the comments on TripAdvisor. Staff make the facility. Great all week. Room clean and bathroom very clean. Continental breakfast OK. Price was best in the area and well located. Restaurant in hotel had good selection of draft beer and food was fine. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank donoel
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip, a very convenient location for me, certainly wouldn't stay here for any other reason. Nothing fundamentally wrong with the place, but very tired, needs a refurb.. Painfully slow check in process, not what you need at midnight after a long day. Free Wifi, breakfast 5/10 . Stay here if it works with your schedule, but expect nothing more than basic and tired

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Ikorel
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

My main reason for not staying here again has nothing to do with the quality of the room. The room was fine; clean, well furnished and comfortable. The Continental Breakfast was mediocre, with the small Danish cold (just defrosted?) and dry. There were no hot items and I did not try the cereal. The coffee and bagel were fine.

The desk staff when I arrived was very cordial and helped us find an excellent restaurant.

My reason for not staying here again is that they required that I allow them to make copy of my driver's license at check in. I do no mind showing my license as a further ID, but making a copy is dangerous to me. They now have my credit card number, access to my three digit security code on the back, my address and telephone number, and my driver license numbers and info. If you follow warnings on identity theft, this is all that is needed for a knowledgeable person to steal you identity!

I will admit that I have seen this practice before and I have made note not too stay at and hotel that requires a copy of my driver's license.

I now plan to call ahead to any hotel at which I plan to stay and see if this is a requirement. If so, I will go elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank yimmie
Latrobe, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We booked the Maron Hotel sight unseen and had trouble finding it at first for the businesses on the first floor. But when we walked into the lobby, it was a different world--very calm and relaxed. We were so surprised to find ourselves in a two room suite--we rarely get one wherever we go--for the pricing. Two TV's. A clean and spacious bathroom. Comfortable bed. The room's window looked out onto the third floor "lobby" rather than the outdoors. But all in all, we were thrilled with the accommodations and plan on using the Maron again.

Room Tip: Check online for a pricing deal.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Anne P
Brookfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the Maron when our power was down due to unusual snow storm in Oct. Mary Elizabeth was wonderful. She helped us in everyway. John, always with a smile. No matter what our needs were, they went out of their way to help us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so kind, caring and helpful. We will always be grateful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family