“Good choice!”

Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The big advantage if this hotel is that offers shuttle. They arranged for me shuttle for one month, every morning and afternoon!!! Wonderful :) Moreover, Holiday Inn in Danbury is very clean and staff very very helpfull. A big THANK YOU for Geraldo and Ed ;) Nina and Ivett as well :) Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Monika,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and our first long term guest who took advantage of our new van service to and from work each day. We enjoyed getting to know you and your kind comments about our team members is most rewarding. Good luck on your visit to Chicago and safe travels back to Poland.
Thanks for making the Danbury Holiday Inn your home away from home.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

If cleanliness and friendliness are your top priorities for a hotel then search no further then the Holiday Inn Danbury/Bethel. Due to a house fire I was in search for an extended stay in a hotel. I visited many hotels in the area before I was lucky enough to stumble upon the holiday inn. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. The waitress was always bending over backwards to please me. I never saw anyone at the front desk without a smile on their face I was even graciousy assisted by Samantha[front desk] with my personal computer problems Anna the housekeeper started to become more like my friend and the general manager named Bill well, awesome is the best way to describe him. after a few months, my insurance company decided to move us to an apartment. Well, most people would be happy for the extra space however I was saddened to be leaving this place that i called home for a couple of months. Thank you all.Perfection is the only word to describe your establishment.

Room Tip: fourh floor was nice
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thanks,

It was a pleasure housing you at the Holiday Inn Danbury during your time of need , I hope the temporary apartment suits your needs with a little more room. Gook luck with the repairs to your home , You have some new friends here, let us know if there is anything we can do. I will share your comments with all of the staff and thanks for mentioning there names

Sincerely

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel many times, I am glad to see that the renovations are well worth the extra money I paid for this Hotel. I was in a large king bed room. They had a very comfortable sofa in the room. Everything was neat and clean. I was totally impressed by the lobby make over and bar and restaurant. AWESOME. A few things were off but as I spoke with Bill the GM he assured me they would be changed. Ricky, the front desk clerk was a neat guy, but he kept saying he was going to give up smoking. If you go there and he checks you in ask him if he gave up smoking. I didn't try the restaurant because I was meeting someone at one of the many restaurants in the area. You will be pleased.

Room Tip: Get a rear facing room. and make sure you double lock your door. The workers who stay in this hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank You for your kind comments and your suggestions about our renovations. I will discuss them with our Department Managers. It was a pleasure discussing this in the lobby and hope to share future conversations with you. I passed on your comments to Ricky.

Thanks again for your time

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Holiday Inn Danbury Ct is very nice, clean, affordable, has breakfast and is accessible. Close to decent restaurants.

If Ashley answers the phone checking in is very easy. She is very courteous and helpful.

There are other nice hotels in area but none as cost effective.

Room Tip: Rooms away from stairways are quieter. doors can slam shut.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on both the Hotel and our Associate Ashely, She is wonderful with our guest's and it shows

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Really a very nice place! Shopping nearby , lots of places to eat, also an in house bar. When I checked in Ricky at the front desk was very helpful. Can't go wrong staying here!...........................................................

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on the facility and our team member Ricky, It is always great to hear that a member of our staff has satisfied your needs. You mentioned our in house lounge I am hoping you had a opportunity to enjoy it. I hope your travels return you to Danbury and the Holiday Inn Danbury is your Hotel of Choice.

Best Regards
William Gemme CHA

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel at an affordable price. I usually book it through Hotwire and get about $49 a night. The new rooms are large, clean and the bed is really comfortable. Staff is friendly. Free printing at the computer in the lobby. And very convenient to I-84.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank You for your kind comments , Our staff works hard to meet and exceed your expectations
Again Thank You for Staying with us at the Holiday Inn Danbury.

Our Outdoor Pool Opens in 5 weeks come enjoy a summer evening with us.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way through to SC and were pleased with our experience. The room had 2 comfortable queens which accommodated us and our 3 young children very well (although, as an aside and with a bit of a chip on my shoulder, this and most other hotels seem to dislike families of 5 in that they seem to say "family of 4? we have a room available for you... family of 5? no room for you." I don't need my 5 year old staying in a second room all by himself! It all seems discriminatory and frustrating when trying to be honest but frugal.)

It was clean although I felt at times I could smell that faint aroma of "this used to be a smoking room" - my wife says that was my oversensitive sense of smell and that I was actually smelling the guy outside smoking since we were close to an exit. This is a smoke free hotel.

Since we arrived late and left early, we didn't get to use any amenities. It is close to the I-84 and has gas stations and restaurants close by.

We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank You for your kind comments , I'm sorry about the accomodation not being quite large enough for your family. I also appreciate your comments on smoking , we strive to keep the Danbury Holiday Inn a clean smoke free hotel. If your plans bring you back over the summer please stay with us again so that your young children can enjoy our spacious outdoor pool