“Will not use again”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Will not use again”
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time at this hotel and not use again unless absolutely necessary. Called the hotel early in May to make the reservation and requested two beds and told them we were bringing our dog. I was told there was a $20 per night charge for the dog which I agreed to but did not agree with because it seems a bit extreme. We tried to check in at noon but was told we would have to pay a $20 fee for checking in before their 2:00 check in time. I declined. When we did checked in at around 7:00 pm we were told our room had a single queen size bed on the second floor. There were no available two bed rooms left. Our room had two beds in it at one time because there was a space where a bed had been. Room was noisy, shower was terrible and breakfast cereal milk was soured. Overall not a great experience and will look elsewhere for another hotel that accommodates pets.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyrp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 3, 2012

When I checked in and at the hotel entrance sign in bold letter : freshly renovated... Well I don't know what was freshly renovated to be honest !!!

I'm a Diamond member with Choice and I was upgraded to one of their best room... Well I'm happy I was not in their ordinary room!!!

The carpet in the room was old and dirty, the bed was all but comfortable; feels like an over-used mattress from a cheap motel...

I guess what they meant by freshly renovated was the new nice Phillips Flat Screen TV - very nice :-)

Other then that the bathroom needed some repair and refresh ; the shower was weird and didn't work properly (making a total mess...)

The fridge and microwave were a nice touch; maybe another refreshing items ;-)

The fitness center is ok... Not great either...

Breakfast ??? No comments... Mostly all Quality Inn are offering same kind of very simple basic breakfast... May as well go eat anywhere else around ;-)

Not very far from I-84 but you need to drive a mile east then a mile west to reach the hotel (should I say Motel) visible from the highway...

If you're desperate or only want to appreciate your next hotel, it's an option but I will recommend trying Hotwire or Priceline for this very area hoping to get something else at cheaper price !

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank benoitleblanc
Burlington VT
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I don't have any superlatives for this place. It is adequate. Just off I84, relatively quiet, relatively clean. I echo others that it is difficult to flush the toilets. What were they thinking? The staff is slow, the wifi sporadic. The breakfast was just okay, but there. There was a nice big flat screen tv, fridge, coffee maker, etc. As others say, it is okay for the price. I wouldn't recommend it very highly, but you could do worse.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Schaghticoke, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Room was clean, with flat-screen TV, but was fraying a bit at the edges (shower head pipe cover off, chips in furnishings). Toilet took multiple flushes to flush. Several other pluses: Indoor pool was clean and warm, though it was without towels when I visited. Breakfast buffet started early (5:30) and had waffle making, pastries, premade egg patties, sausage and bagles (though area to eat is small). Free wifi was solid. I am guessing would be a bit hard to find without directions or a GPS. Staff friendly. I would stay again at the right price (which for this stay was almost the best I could find in the area).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Rhode Island
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Relatively clean room. Pool had plenty of chlorine and was warm. Location (right off I-84) was the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jccarter
Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had a coupon book from a tourist welcome centre which is why we went there.The staff was very help full room was good had wifi tv. fridge.It also happened to be near a military museum that we went to visit next day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed September 8, 2011

room needs a lot of maintenance: running toilet, TV stand tilted, sticky door, paint the bathroom etc. Room was very quiet and clean . Breakfast was good but staff was talking instead of cleaning the tables etc after they were used. You will need a GPS to find this place.

Room Tip: First fllor is actually below the street level which doesn't give you a good view but makes it v...