“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Dartmouth, Canada
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was a nice hotel, convenient to the interstate. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable. The lobby is under renovation, and entry was from the back, which was no problem for us. The staff were very nice. Would give it a 4 if there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dante_B_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Danbury! We hope to see you again when our renovations are complete and are more than happy to place a fridge and microwave into your room if available. Have a great day and thank you again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Marlboro, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I wanted to find a reasonable hotel with a pool. We had to be in the area the next day and thought we would stay the night and take the kids swimming. We found a room here that was such a great deal. I never expected such a great experience for the value we got!! The place is under construction and they were working on the floor in from of the elevator (at 8pm on a Friday). You had 5 inches of floor to walk on and maneuver around the workers and their tools. But once in our room, we were blown away by the cleanliness and the space. The bathroom wasn't cramped, the layout was comfortable and the place is immaculate. They have surpringly delicious complimentary coffee available around the clock. We went to the complimentary breakfast the next morning and couldn't believe the options available! Eggs, ham, waffles, bagels, fruits, yogurts, muffins, and MORE. And everything was great. Nothing was dry or bland or overbooked. The staff was always so helpful and genuinely friendly. We go to CT a lot and look forward to our next stay!! I can't say enough good things!

• Stayed March 2014
Hi Alynn! Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your patience and understanding with our renovations and look forward to hosting you again when complete. The eagerness of your review genuinely makes us feel proud to have provided the best possible experience during this transition. We hope to repeat this performance again for you soon.
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We walked to the front door in a snow storm to find it closed. NO SIGNAGE saying we needed to go to the back of the hotel. Had to walk to the back of the hotel (in the snow) though a poorly shoveled walkway. (No fun I'm recovering from shoulder surgery.) So I get to the room with my family, the room has a funny smell, the room appears clean and straight but the bathroom is another story. The vent has 6 months of lint accumulation on it, the handle on the diverter is about to fall off, the hook on the wall fell off the wall when I tried to hang my cloths on it. The vent ran ALL the time and has a low drone all the time. It was brought to the managers attention and he did nothing until we were ready to leave. the key cards stopped twice during our stay, locking out my wife from the room. When we went down to ??Breakfast?? it was filthy, (photos attached) I realize that this is not a 4 star but please, you can keep it clean. The pool, (One of the main reasons we booked this hotel) was VERY cloudy, and the chlorine was too much.
I'm sorry but this was a very poor experience.

Room Tip: Sorry I can't
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dante_B_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Kris,

We are happy that you took the time to share in your recent experience at my hotel. I apologize for any and all inconveniences that you and your family may have encountered. Snowstorms can be it is this kind of feedback that assists us with our pursuit of being the perfect hotel. I have addressed all of your concerns with my team and we hope that we are allowed the opportunity to showcase just how effective your voice is in our daily operations. Please come back and stay with us when you are next in Danbury or passing through our lovely city. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton traveler.
Dutchess co., United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was not made aware of the major renovations of the hotel before my arrival, which caused a major inconvenience for me and my children in the frigid weather. The hotel lobby was not accessible. Due to lack of parking in the back of the hotel, where the temporary entrance was, we had to walk around in the snow, the frigid cold, with my 3 children. I wish I was made aware of this before my stay. I was not offered help.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jeannine K
Jeannine,

Thank you for taking the time to share in your experience at our hotel. Renovations can be both hard on our guests and the day to day operations of any establishment that operates non-stop. With your feedback, we are assisted in evolving our methods and procedures to make the arrival experience easier for our guests. We apologize for any and all inconveniences that you have encountered and promise to address the layout to make it even more efficient for our guests. We hope that you enjoyed a good night’s rest for the competition. Please come back and see what all of the fuss was about with our new lobby. We hope to see you soon!
Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went to see a show at The Ridgefield Playhouse. Hotel was only about 20 minutes away. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean. The beds are comfortable. A nice pool and hotub The complinmentary breakfast was was very good as well. We plan on staying there again when we see another show at the Playhouse.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dante_B_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Brian, thank you for choosing to stay with us when visiting the Ridgefield Playhouse. With their full selection of events throughout the year, it is great to hear we might see you again soon. Our entire staff is grateful to hear your kind words and we hope to repeat the experience again for you soon!
Weddington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Staff was extremely helpful. I arrived after a twelve hour drive. Our check-in was fast and pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This seems to be standard with all Hampton Inns. As always very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Teresa, thank you so much for the kind words about our property and your experience with the Hampton Inn Danbury. We are thrilled to hear you found our staff and facilities comforting and welcoming. We hope to see you again soon!
Coventry, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Rooms are large and comfortable, beds are excellent. Bathrooms set up well- not cramped. Work area (desk, lamp, power outlets office and chair) are superior to most I've experienced. Microwave/minifridge in some rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dante_B_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
William, thank you for staying with us and sharing this review with TripAdvisor. We believe our accommodations are ideal for the business traveling community and it is great to see that reflected in your review. Next time you're in the Danbury area, we hope to see you again!