“Probably the best in Danbury”

Hampton Inn Danbury
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here again for an extended time. This is a really great hotel. Rooms are great, location is excellent. Breakfast is superb. The Exercise room is really outstanding. Enjoyed the swimming pool. The staff is attentive and very friendly. They really try to make your stay a great experience. The seem to understand when problem arise they must be handled not ignored. You can't go wrong staying here when next in Danbury area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DrBro329, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Califken,

Thank you for making our hotel your home away from home while in Danbury. We love to hear that we are your favorite place to stay while in Danbury. Please stop in and meet the management team on your next visit! We love having you here.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff was excellent. The location was quiet and convenient for my business purposes. The breakfast was of good quality, but would have liked a selection of breakfast meats. The fitness center was excellent for a hotel. Wish I was there for more than one night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Archer B

Thank you for your positive comments. We strive to make every experience a memorable experience for our guests. We hope that you spend more time with us on your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for choosing and complimenting our Hampton Inn!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is very clean, room is clean, your standard Hampton Inn breakfast fare. I checked out and forgot my 2 cell phone charges behind. I stopped by later that day before heading home. They tried about 12 times to page Bianca who I believe is the housekeeping lead who was the only housekeeper I believe was working that day, based on comments the front desk clerk made. Because it was about 3:30pm, a manager told the front desk clerk that he believed Bianca had gone home. The front desk clerk checked lost and found and no power cords. The manager said he would mail my cords back to me and I let him know that if I was wrong and the cords were in my bag, I would call them that evening upon return home. The cords were not in my bag. 6 days later, no word from the hotel, no mail. I called up and was told by Whitney the front desk clerk that the day after I checked out, they checked and no power cords were found. Did they get up, unplug themselves and walk away? No one at this hotel had the courtesy to contact me. They had at least one, possibly 2 e-mail addresses for me, my address and my telephone number. But I was going to have the courtesy to contact them if I was mistaken and had packed my cords. I will never stay at this Hampton Inn again. The management lacks proper customer service skills and common courtesy. And what happened to my power cords??????

Room Tip: Don't leave anything behind and I hope you don't have any concerns that require common court...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patriot F
DrBro329, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Patriot F,

I sincerely apologize that your experience with our hotel was anything less than perfect. I completely understand your inconvenience and the reasoning behind your frustrations. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you in person if possible. Please reach out to me at your convenience. I am happy that the accommodations and breakfast was to your liking. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I needed a place to rest and break up the 11 hour drive from Cape Cod to Pittsburgh and found this little gem. I've never stayed at a Hampton Inn but becuase it was affiliated with Hilton, I knew it would not be a hole in the wall. I was greeted with a smile and a refreshment, given the details of breakfast and even directions back to the highway, which can be a bit tricky. Breakfast was great too!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DrBro329, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Michael N:

Thank you for the wonderful review that you have given our hotel. We like that you consider us the GEM off of I-84. We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Clean, comfortable, great breakfast, quite and with an awesome gym. (better than many of the other chains) Enjoyed my stay. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast very nice and filling. Nice location near several restaurant and the highway for easy access in and out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Duleep CD:

Thank you for rating our hotel! We are appreciative that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel but would have liked to stay longer. Everything was clean and hotel personnel were respectful and polite. The beds were very comfortable. The pool looked really great but didn't have time to use it. The complimentary breakfast was everything you could want and more..and delicious. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Renee H:

Thank you for our kind words. We are pleased that you have enjoyed our breakfast. We hope that your next stay with us will allow you the time to enjoy our pool. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Danbury!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a very clean and quiet hotel with an excellent breakfast. The only drawback for us was the hot tub was set at 115 degrees with no way to change it. We love a good hot tub and that was one of the reasons why we picked this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Benda R,
Thank you for the positive feedback. We will make sure that we check and adjust our Spa to appeal to all of our guests. Please come back and allow us the chance to WOW you with the rest of our great amenities!