“Stick With The Ice Cream - Skip The Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friendly's Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 8 Dessert in Danbury
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have children. Children love Friendly's because they have no clue what good service and good food should look like. They get crayons and bizarre tiered wire serving trees. We adults get pissed off at the bad service, the poor value and the inevitable heartburn. I really don't like this place at all. I get forced to visit from time to time and I just order ice cream, which is overpriced but has yet to make me ill.

1  Thank Mielmonster

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was looking forward to having dinner here at Friendlys after traveling all day since I grew up going to this restaurant and loved it. After being away for a number of years I really expected more. The staff was unfriendly and not as diligent as they should be. The food was terrible and cold. I got a hot fudge sundae for dessert and I swear it was just chocolate syrup. We have always raved about the hot fudge and I dreamed of eating it again and it was awful.. I do hope the manager ups his game at this establishment because it is sorely lacking.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I will begin by saying that the service is slow but the waitresses are friendly and do their best. They are currently hiring as they are obviously short-staffed. The food and prices are worth the wait though. My husband and I really enjoy their supermelts. They recently had a special that included a free happy ending sundae with each supermelt order. Can't go wrong with a meal for two costing $17 with dessert. Would recommend this restaurant if you are not in a hurry and feeling patient.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Enjoyed their special... free happy endings sundae with purchase of a super melt sandwich, which proved to be an excellent choice. Very friendly staff as well.

1  Thank GutsyGirl1127
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Staying at the Hampton Inn, easy walking distance to this restaurant. Fast Friendly Service.
No Friendly's close enough to home to visit regularly. Maybe not "A" quality food but tasty and a good enough value. Would not hesitate to visit here on next trip.