“Left after walking up only one asile.”

Elephant's Trunk Flea Market
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Danbury
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Dad and I were spending the weekend in Western Connecticut and being the flea market fans that we are, decided to stop by Elephant's Trunk. I have to agree with reviewer Cin4513 that Pennsylvania has some of the best flea markets around (although we are from NY we often visit PA just for the markets) and, perhaps, we are using them as the benchmark. Nonetheless, Elephant's Trunk had what appeared to be "professional" or "full-time" market vendors. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would have expected more realistic pricing on the items. Dad and I have also sold some of our own stuff at flea markets and the last thing in the world we want to do is pack and repack the same items week in and week out. Based upon what we saw at Elephant's Trunk, we think you would see the same items and vendors week after week. For us, the redeeming factor was the tasty offerings at several of the food trucks. We do plan on returning to Western Connecticut next spring and will probably pay another visit to Elephant's Trunk. Hopefully today's visit was a fluke and our next trip there will yield some good finds.

2  Thank MariosDaddy
There are newer reviews for Elephant's Trunk Flea Market

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Super flea market filled with something for everyone to browse! Mostly antique and vintage items with some food trucks (love the little donuts!). Follow them on facebook to be sure they aren't closed due to weather or field conditions when you go, and NEVER EVER bring your dog! No fee for parking, nominal entry fee (I think it was $2)

1  Thank chris s
Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you are bored and in the Western CT area on a Sunday morning, drop by to browse the offerings. Not sure if there are seasonal cycles for inventory, I thought the pickings were slim. Dealers were nice. Layout of the booths was weird. Wear sneakers - the ground is rough and poorly mowed.

1  Thank LorettaLD
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I saw the Elephant's Trunk featured on a segment during Good Morning America, and I have been dying to get there. They are only open 7-1PM on Sundays part of the year, so we made a trip out of going during the Labor Day weekend. It coudl have been the heat, or the dust, or the humidity, or the $2 admission charge- but i was not impressed. We spent two hours going through everything and we didn't buy anything. I thought a lot of the items were extremely overpriced, and a lot of it was plain junk. I love flea markets- and in Pennsylvania we have some good ones. I didn't see a lot of items that were just simple cheap flea market finds- like drinking glasses with polka dots on them for $1, or dishes or nice jewelry that wasn't total junk and reasonably priced. There was a guy that had a whole box of metal lid/jar openers. A whole box of them- and they were all rusty. Why?? Throw them out!! This was disappointing. I am really glad I went, but I would never go back.

2  Thank Cin4513
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We didn't buy much but enjoyed our time there. Worth the visit. The prices were very reasonable and there was a nice variety of items.

1  Thank Bob_Haight