“Wait, why am I cooking?”
Review of Stew Leonard's

Stew Leonard's
Ranked #9 of 285 Restaurants in Danbury
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

After shopping for all of the ingredients for Christmas dinner I get to the end of the stews maze. Then I see all of the pre-made sides and dinner options! Everything I cooked wad amazing,stews has great ingredients (but way over priced produce). However, next time I will buy the premade stuff instead. I always get their soups and salad bar. Very good when your hungry and impatient!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This really should be considered "shopping" and not a "restaurant". Stew Leonard's is a local Connecticut/Westchester chain of groceries. It is a little different from your typical grocery store. There aren't traditional aisles- you walk along one convoluted path the entire time, kind of like at Ikea. They have a lot of their own prepared foods- homemade soups, pizzas, bakery items. They have a deli, and fish department. However there are a lot of things you can't buy there- there may be one or two featured sparking beverages, but then they won't have Coca-Cola. They may carry some breakfast cereals, but only some featured ones and not most of them. It is really a good store to go to before company is coming to visit and you want to stock up on some special things to serve while they are there. There are also animatronic animals that cluck and moo and sing and dance which are fun for the kids to watch, although sometimes a lot of them are not working so well. They have an ice cream counter by the checkout and their ice cream is fantastic.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

People, get serious. Stew's is entertaining. And they sell lots of interesting food, some of which is quite good. But the #2 restaurant in Danbury. Really?

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Every time I visit the family, we have to take a road trip to Stew's. I've been visiting Stew's since I was a kid, and now that I have a child myself, I love taking him there. This is a grocery store/amusement park. It takes food characters and audio-animatronic dolls, combines them with a range of amazing produce options, and throws in a great buffet with a wide variety of fresh food options.

I'm still a sucker for the macaroni and cheese on the buffet, since it brings me back to my childhood. The buffet has a range of comfort foods, Asian choices, salad options and a fried food section that includes poppers, wings and potatoes. The soups are amazing, and they also offer pizza and sushi. In the summer, Stew's has an enjoyable outdoor barbecue called the Hoedown, and the Hoedown transforms into a Christmas tree tent in the winter. (Maybe pumpkins in the fall as well? It's been too long since I've been there in the fall.) To add to all of this, Stew's has an ice-cream bar and a petting zoo. Can grocery shopping get any more enjoyable?

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not really a resturant (though there is a snack bar) Stews is an institution with a life of its own. A most unusal supermarket known for its food samples and animated displays it has become a major attraction for visitors from afar.There is no real downside here with all of the food and grocery items of first class quality....