“Great dinner date”

Market Place Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #6 of 285 Restaurants in Danbury
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local, organic, and sustainability raised ingredients.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is our go-to place for a date night out. My husband and I have also brought friends and family for a great meal. One of our favorite places in Danbury!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had dinner here with my fiance. We heard so many good things about the restaurant that we were excited to try it. After my experience I'd have to say that the highlight of my meal was the winter sangria. It was really tasty. Other than that, not impressed. We started off with the pulled pork nachos. When I think pulled pork, I think bbq. It wasn't. It was dry and the ingredients were just piled on with nothing to "glue" them together (i.e. no cheese) and there was very little flavor. Since there was nothing holding them together they were messier than necessary and kept falling apart.

For main entrees we got the stuffed pork and the salmon. The side dishes for the pork (polenta slices, cabbage, and brussel sprouts) were all burnt. Now, I like my brussel sprouts roasted and crispy but these were plain old burned and not enjoyable. All of the burned food overpowered the rest of the dish. Similar issue with the salmon. We won't be coming back for dinner and I'm bummed because when I read the menu online it sounded like it was going to be very good.

I did hear that the lunches here are good so I would be open to trying that Also, the bar area seemed nice and based on my tasty drink I'd probably do a happy hour.

1  Thank 5STRTraveler
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've been to Market Place many times and never have been disappointed. For some reason, this dinner was the best yet, from appetizer to dessert. Courtney is the best server, bar none. The pulled pork mac and cheese was to die for, and the swordfish was prepared in a way I haven't yet experienced. Fantastic.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great food, great service! American farm to table" menu is a welcome change to all of the Italian restaurants in Danbury. Eli and staff are amazing and really know how to treat their customers. Food and wine selections are both original and reasonably priced. From burgers and sandwiches to pastas and steaks and seafood you cant go wrong.
Lively bar scene as well.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Kobe burger was excellent as was the short rib grilled cheese. Appetizer had only three shrimp. Should have been four to share. Elder Pear Martini was very good!