“Fantastic Change to the Mill Plain Row”

Market Place Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Danbury
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local, organic, and sustainability raised ingredients.
New York
“Fantastic Change to the Mill Plain Row”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great food, great service! American farm to table" menu is a welcome change to all of the Italian restaurants in Danbury. Eli and staff are amazing and really know how to treat their customers. Food and wine selections are both original and reasonably priced. From burgers and sandwiches to pastas and steaks and seafood you cant go wrong.
Lively bar scene as well.

• Visited February 2014

Brewster, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and drink!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Kobe burger was excellent as was the short rib grilled cheese. Appetizer had only three shrimp. Should have been four to share. Elder Pear Martini was very good!

• Visited February 2014

Brewster, New York
“A refreshing change of pace.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The restaurant serves food with very fresh ingredients and innovative food choices. You can have a complete dinner or a hamburger or sandwich. The dinner crowd can be quite noisy. Their butternut squash soup is "out of this world". The best I have ever had. They have a number of beer choices and a comprehensive wine list.

• Visited July 2013

Somers, New York, USA
“Everything was great except the food”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Really nice bar scene with attentive bartenders. Manager was very nice and provided us seating for 2 with a short wait. Our waitress was very nice. My wife really enjoyed both her appetizer and entree. I ordered the encrusted tuna which was highly recommended and I was told it was sushi grade and chef recommended rare. Well I asked for it black and blue as I greatly enjoy sushi grade tuna just that way extremely rare. Well my entree arrived and it was covered in a thick sauce and not encrusted in any was as discribed. To be honest I was curious how they were going to provide me a black and blue piece of tuna and still encrust it as discribed but they said "no problem". Well the entree was not anything I expected. Not black and blue at all and when I complained they arrived with both my original entree and another piece of tuna to show me it was as ordered but the piece of tuna they provided was a different shade pink and still black and blue. Rather than argue and make a scene I just said forget it and give me back the original entree. I cleared off the thick sauce and choked down something I didint really enjoy at all. I eat sushi twice a week and 90% of it tuna. What I was served was not sushi grade at all. So I guess give this place a try and avoid the tuna and you a a shot at a good meal.

• Visited January 2014
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Even My Picky Son Loves It”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Farm to table in small, comfortable setting. Rigatoni and veal bolognese with a sauce enhanced by duck fat - the best you will ever eat - the only problem is the caloric content. Great burgers. Friendly service. Parking can be a problem though.

Visited December 2013